They play 2 games before anyone else kicks a ball. If they win those (Reading and Wigan) they are 3rd albeit played more games, so all isnt as bad as it seems. After that they have West Ham, Newcastle both at home then Southampton away. Maximum points should be the target as all games are more than winnable.

If they lose tonight then I think it would be his last game.

They won't win all those game Gribz. They've been so inconsistent this season and the standard of football is slowly going downhill too. He should do the honest and admirable thing and walk away allowing the new manager the 2nd half of the season to improve the team.

They won't win all those game Gribz. They've been so inconsistent this season and the standard of football is slowly going downhill too. He should do the honest and admirable thing and walk away allowing the new manager the 2nd half of the season to improve the team.

Your probably right. I looked at the fixture list about a month or so ago and they had Fulham, Spurs, Villa, Everton and Swansea before this 5 coming up. I thought a good Arsenal side and a team who wants to compete would have taken at least 10pts from that 5 games but only took 6pts. The fixtures will only get tougher after the Southampton game on 4th January.

I think he should go back to playing 4-4-1-1 which served him so well in his first 7 years. Carzola playing behind Podolski upfront with Walcott and the Ox on the wings with Arteta and Wilshire in the middle.

They need a bit of a clear out and bring in some quality. Sell off the likes of Squillaci, Santos, Arshavin, Chamakh and Rosicky (good player but injury prone). Go out and spend to bring in Pepe Reina, Lescott, Baines and Felliani.

Yip, they should get Lescott in. He's not a 1at team pick at Man City anymore. His signing over the past 2 or 3 years have been terrible and haven't improved the squad at all. I liked the look of Podolski when he 1st arrived but he's gone right off the boil recently. Giroud looked like he was coming onto a game but has fell away too. Walcott will be off in the summer and to be honest, that doesn't bother me. He's average. It's also looking like Sagna is going too. Gibbs and Jenkinson aren't good enough for the 1st team. Arteta is getting on so he'll be losing his place soon. An entire new squad is needed but Wenger doesn't seem to see this and his stubborn streak at refusing to budge on signing unknowns is beginning to really piss me off.

Is he maybe playing that tonight?

Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Cazorla, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott, Podolski. Subs: Mannone, Koscielny, Rosicky, Giroud, Ramsey, Coquelin, Gervinho.

I should be a manager! Although seems Podolski played left centre with Walcott through the middle.

Good reply from Arsenal though, bit edgy at 4-2 but hopefully its a turning point. They should still get 12 points in their next 4 games.