Fans Slow On Uptake Of Gers Shares

For me you're looking for an ideal fantasy senario that may just not be possible. I may be proved wrong in the future but i believe if tycoon Rangers men wanted to pump millions in for virtually nothing back they'd have done it by now and certainly pushed the boat out more to buy the club in the first place. I just would rather make the best of what we have rather than pining after something else.

I'm not pining for something else I'm showing a plausible scenario where the club could be saved without making a few people fabulously rich. The fact that they will make huge amounts shows that there was plenty of scope for someone far more benevolent. You can't argue something is normal and inevitable and then disparage a counter argument as "pining".

I think you're wrong about people buying football clubs, plenty see it as as a business opportunity. Unless you're an Abramovich or Sheik Mansour it generally won't be a play thing.

I'm sorry it's not prevalent and not traditional for football to be a business opportunity. It might be becoming more that way but that will mostly be in the cash rich environment of the Premiership with some Championship wannabes.

There are 42 Scottish clubs, how many have been used as business opportunities? Our investors are making more in a year than most clubs are worth. It's just taking advantage of a strong and large fanbase.

If it wasn't a fan I wouldn't pay what we do to watch games in a fairly average footballing country, so it's a moot point that for me.

How is that moot? You and others have been saying it's just like any other business and then add to why that does not ring true and then immediately call it moot. It's not moot, it's highly relevant.

Walter Smith is on board, although his endorsement seems to have impressed few despite the clamour for Smith to buy us in June.

I don't think he's come in for the business side. He's come in to help steer the club in footballing matters. The guy loves the club, why wouldn't he? I would. It's still my club, my problem is where my money goes. I'd have no problem buying a season ticket if I was near enough - that's supporting the team. The share issue is supporting the board and I'm not sure I like the road they've taken.

I don't think he's come in for the business side. He's come in to help steer the club in footballing matters. The guy loves the club, why wouldn't he? I would. It's still my club, my problem is where my money goes. I'd have no problem buying a season ticket if I was near enough - that's supporting the team. The share issue is supporting the board and I'm not sure I like the road they've taken.

You don't like them making money, end of the day season tickets help that as well.

My point is plenty said (not necessarily even here I mean) that Smith not trusting Green was a big reason to protest, starve him out etc. Yet now Smith has backed Green it seems to mean little.

I don't even think that's a bad thing as you have to make your own mind up, just that some of our support can have double standards.

For the record, I'm shocked and disapointed at Water joining at this point. He probably joined for the right reasons, but it was blatantly a PR exercise from green. Our only hope is Walter thought it would be better seeing things from the inside, as opposed to giving charlie a free run. I doubt Walter will be at the main behind closed doors business meetings. To be honest, I havn't heard much from him on the share issue.

bet it doesn't top 60 in the next 5 years.

it took a european final for us to top 60. only once in our history. saying that, clowns were running us at the time. maybe with a bit of savvy, a bit of ambition, european football and a bigger stadium we would increase turnover.

Your exaggerations are getting pretty extreme.

Many a true word is spoken in jest. I'm only trying to make the wider point about our lovely new regimes expenses. Green is now on a good wage, he's got his shares, so why are we still paying his £1600 per mth rent and all his utility bills, plus any other expenses he reasonably incurs. Paying his rent and council tax, isnt a "reasonable expense", it's taking the piss.

There are 42 Scottish clubs, how many have been used as business opportunities?

How many would actually make a successful business??? In reality, it's only gonna be Rangers or Ceptic - they have the fan base, and the international recognition.

How many would actually make a successful business??? In reality, it's only gonna be Rangers or Ceptic - they have the fan base, and the international recognition.

So you're saying that it's incredibly unusual for clubs to be run as profit making businesses with opportunities in only the biggest 2 out of 42 clubs in the country. Throughout their history those two clubs have generally not been run as a profit making machine so that makes it almost unheard of.

Which pretty much shows that football clubs are nothing like other normal businesses. Celtic gave McCann a one off windfall in 94 and although that's happening to us now the scary thing is that the gravy train looks set to run for a while...