Ex-Rangers In The Third Divsion

I agree that we could have done our U19's a favour by taking part in the U19 league. 13 competitive league games are better than relying on a cup run afterall. Not to mention that if we were involved the other clubs might have been more up for it.

It could maybe be argued that we took the best of our U19's into the 1st team squad this season and we didn't have as strong an U19's squad as we would have liked, but then we don't have a registration embargo on U18's do we?

Apart from laying blame at our club's door though, I think the whole youth structure in Scottish football is needing looked at. Surely these players need more than a 13 game league.

17's still have Glasgow Cup games and Elite Development games start in the NEw Year.

Haven't head anything about the Elite Development games. What are they?

For the development games after New Year eight "elite" clubs will play each other home and away from U11's through to U 17's. Elite status is awarded on a number of criteria, including coaches, facilities etc.

I believe only six clubs meet all the criteria so another two will be invited.