Derbies are not big loss

I'm wary of replying to this because I seem to wind Kuznetsov up when I do, but this manlove for Celtic baffles me. They may well have a 60,000 seat stadium but they are struggling to half fill it currently. They may have announced a new sponsor but at the same time they've not announced the ones they've also just lost. They claim the deal is worth more than the Tennents one but won't divulge how much more; why?

I'm the first to admit there are certain things they've done well, but when you consider where our two clubs were 6 months ago I wouldn't be handing out the captain of industry badges to them just yet. Through their own one-eyed hatred they are going to feel a cold draft in the next couple of years, it doesn't take a business genius to see that.

I'm wary of replying to this because I seem to wind Kuznetsov up when I do, but this manlove for Celtic baffles me. They may well have a 60,000 seat stadium but they are struggling to half fill it currently. They may have announced a new sponsor but at the same time they've not announced the ones they've also just lost. They claim the deal is worth more than the Tennents one but won't divulge how much more; why?

I'm the first to admit there are certain things they've done well, but when you consider where our two clubs were 6 months ago I wouldn't be handing out the captain of industry badges to them just yet. Through their own one-eyed hatred they are going to feel a cold draft in the next couple of years, it doesn't take a business genius to see that.

They'll just jam the gap under the door with cash from the CL that'll stop the draft for a few years anyway. They'll make more from a CL qualifier than they'll lose in place money, they only need to reach the group stage every other year to be still quids in. They've fooled the rest of Scottish football into handing them a free run whilst simultaneously claiming to be acting out of altruism. They will downsize safe in the knowledge their bottom line won't be effected whilst we are out of the picture.

One thing to remember too if it is an 8-8-8 split, way back in the days of the Kelly's and White's the scum championed a similar scheme with a split and the points totals being reset to zero because the scum historically had a stronger second half to the season whilst we normally had a stronger start.

Let's see how season ticket sales go for them next year, I wouldn't be too confident they'll get close to this season and it was down on last. Even their support don't fancy this league set up they are championing.

The Champion's League money has certainly prevented a melt down this season, but it's a hell of a gamble relying on getting it every season, even if they are getting a free run at it.

I don't have a problem admitting they've been better run than us over the last few years, that's self evident, I just don't understand the awe that seems to engender. They are as culpable for the appalling state of the game in this country as anyone is.

Let's see how season ticket sales go for them next year, I wouldn't be too confident they'll get close to this season and it was down on last. Even their support don't fancy this league set up they are championing.

The Champion's League money has certainly prevented a melt down this season, but it's a hell of a gamble relying on getting it every season, even if they are getting a free run at it.

I don't have a problem admitting they've been better run than us over the last few years, that's self evident, I just don't understand the awe that seems to engender. They are as culpable for the appalling state of the game in this country as anyone is.

They don't need the CL monies every season, they will be downsizing of that there is no doubt but they will be doing that safe in the knowledge that they will face no effective domestic opposition for at least 5 years.

Irrespective of their domestic attendances their accounts will be lot healthier for this season than last, that's not something to be in awe of merely the financial reality.

They don't need the CL monies every season, they will be downsizing of that there is no doubt but they will be doing that safe in the knowledge that they will face no effective domestic opposition for at least 5 years.

Irrespective of their domestic attendances their accounts will be lot healthier for this season than last, that's not something to be in awe of merely the financial reality.

Their biggest problem will be trying to attract quality players now. Who wants to play in the SPL? Can't see anyone signing on the chance they might get into the CL which is losing its appeal IMO as there are too many teams in it now

Their biggest problem will be trying to attract quality players now. Who wants to play in the SPL?

That's always been the case with the SPL so no change there in whatever basterdised league comes out of reconstruction.

Can't see anyone signing on the chance they might get into the CL which is losing its appeal IMO as there are too many teams in it now

The carrot of CL football will still be sufficient for their needs as it was for ours for long enough.

That's always been the case with the SPL so no change there in whatever basterdised league comes out of reconstruction.

The carrot of CL football will still be sufficient for their needs as it was for ours for long enough.

Think you'll find CL going back to more knockout rounds as there's too many games no one wants to see. That will mean less games/less money for Septic. Whenever I look at the CL games b4 xmas it reminds me of the SPL with the amount of empty seats at games

Think you'll find CL going back to more knockout rounds as there's too many games no one wants to see. That will mean less games/less money for Septic. Whenever I look at the CL games b4 xmas it reminds me of the SPL with the amount of empty seats at games

That remains to be seen, what's actually good for the game itself seldom prevails over the greed of those involved as we're witnessing at this very moment.

Whilst Lieswell is a c*&t he's not a stupid c*&t I suspect his current agenda will play out sufficient for their needs and his gamble is not as big a gamble as it appears at first glance.