Old Firm should play in England, says Harry Redknapp

TWO Barclays Premier League managers have expressed support for Rangers joining English football.

Asked if he would welcome Rangers, Everton manager David Moyes said: “Yes I would. I have always thought that both Celtic and Rangers would be great for down here. I played for Celtic and I know exactly what it means, and what it would add to the Premier League would be fantastic.

“I’m sorry, because it might upset people in Scotland as it would take two of the best teams out of Scotland. But I do think that both the clubs would be great down south. If you got both those clubs down [here] you would need to get bigger stadiums because they would be full with the amount of away supporters who would travel to those games.”

On whether such a move would signal the death knell of Scottish football, he added: “It is a bigger discussion than me speaking for two minutes to you just now. I don’t know – I think Scottish football is actually doing quite well just now. There are young players coming through and there are quite a few coming down to England. I think the league looks different – Inverness are doing great, Hibs have been having a great season. So there is a lot of good things to talk about in Scottish football.”

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said he would not be opposed to Rangers moving to England but feels the game north of the Border would suffer without the Old Firm. He said: “Yes [i would welcome them] but you would not want to destroy Scottish football. Rangers and Celtic in England would destroy the Scottish game.”

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/sfl-division-three/david-moyes-supportive-of-old-firm-move-to-english-leagues-1-2733993

Now wait, how did it work ... Airdrieonians went bust, their biggest fan wanted to resurrect them, but was denied. Thus he bought Clydebank - also in dire financial trouble - instead, moved them to Airdrie, renamed them to Airdrie United and essentially "resurrected" Airdrieonians via the "long way".

Obviously, if we should chose a similar route, moving and re-naming e.g. Hartlepool United, the whole history debate would come up again. Do we still have the English FA membership? Or was it by default transferred to a Scottish FA membership back then ... if that is actually possible.

King 'arry is a Rangers supporter after all, he can't take the pish we have to deal with at the moment just like everybody else.

dB, if Rangers should really choose to buy up another club in England and rename it Rangers (which will never happen), I would definetely stop supporting this club because this is just ridiculous.

Edited by DUDE