***Transfer deadline day***

Chris Samba for 100k a week ? Fuck me. I really wish I had continued playing. I would definitely have been able to make a living out of the game.

That is desperation by QPR, and at 100k a week they could have gotten so much better too.

Chris Samba for 100k a week ? Fuck me. I really wish I had continued playing. I would definitely have been able to make a living out of the game.

That is desperation by QPR, and at 100k a week they could have gotten so much better too.

12.5 million fee as well.

Can they really afford all this if they go down?

Done deals: Mario Balotelli [Man City-AC Milan] £19m; Chris Samba [Anzhi Makhachkala-QPR] £12.5m; Kieron Dyer [Middlesbrough] unattached; Urby Emanuelson [AC Milan-Fulham] loan; Luciano Becchio [Leeds-Norwich] undisclosed plus Steve Morison; Paul Scharner [Hamburg-Wigan] loan; Danny Graham [swansea-Sunderland] £5m

Maybe, baby: David Beckham to PSG; Heurelho Gomes [Tottenham-Hoffenheim]; Jack Butland [birmingham-Stoke]; Peter Crouch [stoke-QPR]

BORO midfielder Kevin Thomson has tonight had his contract with the club cancelled by mutual consent.

The 28-year-old was previous manager Gordon Strachan's seventh signing from the Rangers-Celtic Old Firm, signing a four-year deal when he joined from Rangers for £2m in July 2010.

However, he suffered a succession of injuries and was unable to repeat the form that won him international caps during his time in Glasgow. He made 38 starts in all, plus 18 substitute appearances.

This season he started five games, coming off the bench four times.

Edinburgh-born Thomson won five major trophies with Rangers including back-to-back Scottish Premier League titles in 2009 and 2010, while he was also a big part of their run to the 2008 UEFA Cup final.

Having been with Coventry City as a teenager, Thomson made his first-team breakthrough with Hibernian, eventually being made club captain by then manager Tony Mowbray before a £2m switch to Rangers in January 2007.