Message to the boycott breakers

Guest Geo the Ger

Lol, if he wanted us to win trophies and matches, just like me, Ally would have his jotters monday, and we would have spent more than 800k in the transfer window. We are the richest cash ready club in the country at the moment, and we don't have a centre-back that can head a football. He's used Ally to keep the support onside and sell books/shares, much the same as he brought in Walter. I don't even blame Ally 100% for our team. It's not easy doing a job like his with one hand tied behind his back. He's the most under-funded manager in our history, and been forced to rely on the likes of the decorator.

a fantastic reply and just about every word spot on. i have also questioned greens attitude when it comes to keeping someone so far out their depth in a job. if he really cared, ally and his pals would be gone.

Barcelona nearly won at the Bernabeu midweek with a few hundred away fans in an 83,000 crowd, Madrid drew 2-2 at the Nou Camp earlier in the season under similar circumstances.

I realise we're not either of those teams but neither are Dundee Utd, the point is you don't need a huge audible away crowd to compete in a football match. And that's the issue, our side never even competed.

I don't share the view that the boycott was a failure just because 300 fans did decide to attend. We have demonstrated that we can starve these clubs of the income they would expect to gain in a normal set of circumstances. I agree that as a one off it had little Impact but a sustained boycott in years to come will hit these clubs hard. I will personally never return to the grounds of any of these SPL clubs and I would hope that the overwhelming majority of the usual travelling support feel the same way. If they do, the real day of reckoning for these teams is still to come.

An SPL boycott would make much more sense, and be a lot more damaging to all of them. A cup game where we were all desperate to get through was a terrible choice of a boycott. Especially when we get half the gate money. It just proved to be more of a hindrance than anything else.

An SPL boycott would make much more sense, and be a lot more damaging to all of them. A cup game where we were all desperate to get through was a terrible choice of a boycott. Especially when we get half the gate money. It just proved to be more of a hindrance than anything else.

I totally understand your point but I don't think I could personally pick and choose. These clubs made their feelings crystal clear and as much as it hurts me not to attend these games I couldn't bring myself to hand them another penny of my hard earned cash.

Can we now stop referencing Charles Green in a thread which is nothing to do with him. This thread is apparently about the merits or otherwise of a boycott yesterday, NOT about Charles Green.

STOP derailing threads - and that goes to ALL of us !

I dont see it that way. An SPL boycott can STILL take place when we get back there.

This boycott showed that even with 300-350 attending there were many more thousands of bears who did NOT attend, and this DID hit them in the pocket because they lost out on those fans who would otherwise have attended.

It also showed that we CAN be a force when we put our collective against those who tried to kill us off. It is a sign of, dare I say it, defiance in the face of our detractors.

We had less than 5% of our regular travelling support - and the likes of DU may mock that some still showed up.... lets just see how comfortable Thomson will be in remaining in strained relations with RFC when we continue to boycott when we are back in the SPL.

This boycott was more than about money and, in the respect of sending a message, I actually think it was a success.

Can we now stop referencing Charles Green in a thread which is nothing to do with him. This thread is apparently about the merits or otherwise of a boycott yesterday, NOT about Charles Green.

STOP derailing threads - and that goes to ALL of us !

this is the opening line of this thread.

This was an official boycott called by Charles Green on behalf of Rangers F.C

Lol, if he wanted us to win trophies and matches, just like me, Ally would have his jotters monday, and we would have spent more than 800k in the transfer window. We are the richest cash ready club in the country at the moment, and we don't have a centre-back that can head a football. He's used Ally to keep the support onside and sell books/shares, much the same as he brought in Walter. I don't even blame Ally 100% for our team. It's not easy doing a job like his with one hand tied behind his back. He's the most under-funded manager in our history, and been forced to rely on the likes of the decorator.

It's clearly not as black and white as that, Green has the role of watching the finances, supporters just turn up to sing and shout and don't look at the balance sheets. All too easy to say if he wanted us to win he'd spend this and that but where does it stop? Do you have such a great knowledge of the finances that indicate exactly what should have been spent in Scotland's bottom tier? The last year's events showed that we are not immune to financial meltdown even if that's what many always believed.

Sacking McCoist is not that simple either as much as I don't think he's a manager, it would split the support right down the middle and however dire the football he is top of the league, even if any tom, dick or 'arry could manage that. If Ally's failures start to see huge chunks of people staying away, vocal protests and our chances of a return to Europe severely damaged then i'm certain Green will act.

Walter's a 60 odd year old man with plenty experience of tough boardrooms at Rangers and Everton so it's more fool him if you're saying he's just a puppet. As for Ally, the support got what they wanted because when Green was about to sack him in June there were furious reactions all round. He is also his own man who decided to get behind Charles, i'd like to think if he wasn't genuine he would have resigned, it's not as if having people on the inside did much to stop Murray and Whyte.

I've said similar to you before but this 'most under-funded' ever stuff, well shocker, did I dream that we were put in an amateur division, Scotland's bottom tier? If I didn't dream it then he bloody well should be the least funded, we're a club who was never outside the top tier in our history, a club who hardly ever failed to finish in European places. Just what manager should he be MORE funded than? And i'm not counting the flesher's haugh days.