Message to the boycott breakers

Guest Geo the Ger

Can we now stop referencing Charles Green in a thread which is nothing to do with him. This thread is apparently about the merits or otherwise of a boycott yesterday, NOT about Charles Green.

STOP derailing threads - and that goes to ALL of us !

So we can't mention the man that made the boycott "official", and the man who actually created the circumstances that made our support think the boycott was a good idea? It's hardly derailing threads. It's part of the bigger picture of what's happening at our club. It seems too many of us are prepared to follow this man off a cliff, the only difference being, green has a £2m cushion at the bottom to break his fall. The rest of us will crash and hit the ground and wonder what the fuck just happened. The boycott came from green, to the fans, and then back to green. But let's not talk about that.

So we can't mention the man that made the boycott "official", and the man who actually created the circumstances that made our support think the boycott was a good idea? It's hardly derailing threads. It's part of the bigger picture of what's happening at our club. It seems too many of us are prepared to follow this man off a cliff, the only difference being, green has a £2m cushion at the bottom to break his fall. The rest of us will crash and hit the ground and wonder what the fuck just happened. The boycott came from green, to the fans, and then back to green. But let's not talk about that.

There was widespread talk of boycotts back in April before Green was even known of, the merits of it can be discussed without bringing him into it.

The facts are you have a self confessed agenda and have to try and pollute every thread with it, despite they're being plenty of platform to air your grievances without doing that.

An SPL boycott would make much more sense, and be a lot more damaging to all of them. A cup game where we were all desperate to get through was a terrible choice of a boycott. Especially when we get half the gate money. It just proved to be more of a hindrance than anything else.

Sorry, what does this mean? We should have staged an SPL boycott instead of boycotting an away Cup game at an SPL club's ground?

You've lost me.

As far as I'm aware, going to a football game isn't a crime. The way these people have been vilified is beyond a joke. Yes, I agree they shouldn't have attended and the boycott should've been 100% but a couple hundred fans went. So what? The vast majority of Rangers fans stayed away and as far as I'm concerned it was a success.

We've got more pressing issues right now, for example, the duds on the field and the duds in the dugout.

i firmly believe yesterday should see the end to a few rangers careers. i honestly do. several of those players should be replaced with kids for the rest of the season and told to find new clubs asap. in recent years the lack of atmosphere has been a problem for us at ibrox, its no longer hostile, so i take your point about that part of it.

The Rangers careers of the 4 ex-SPL duds (Shiels, Templeton, Sandaza & Black) and, more importantly, the Rangers managerial career of the man who bought them should be over after yesterday's flop.

As far as I'm aware, going to a football game isn't a crime. The way these people have been vilified is beyond a joke. Yes, I agree they shouldn't have attended and the boycott should've been 100% but a couple hundred fans went. So what? The vast majority of Rangers fans stayed away and as far as I'm concerned it was a success.

We've got more pressing issues right now, for example, the duds on the field and the duds in the dugout.

True, there are more pressing matters but the ignoble 300 deserve every bit of criticism coming their way.

There was widespread talk of boycotts back in April before Green was even known of, the merits of it can be discussed without bringing him into it.

The facts are you have a self confessed agenda and have to try and pollute every thread with it, despite they're being plenty of platform to air your grievances without doing that.

You can't deny that green stoked the fires on this one with DU. Also, without him making it "official", we would have had much more than 300 odd there. Something else you might want to ponder. For a club that will make a loss this season, can we really afford to deny the club it's rightful Scottish cup income. It seems to have damaged us much more than it's intended target. DU will make much more in the following rounds, than they lost here. Add to that the Bears that never miss a game that got "conned" into missing this one, and it all leaves a sour taste.

It's time to move on from all the petty revenge. The best revenge is getting it right on the pitch, which is sadly being neglected in amongst all the drama.

Sorry, what does this mean? We should have staged an SPL boycott instead of boycotting an away Cup game at an SPL club's ground?

You've lost me.

It means I could understand a boycott of league games when the time comes, seeing as the home team keeps all the gate money. Boycotting a cup game where we get half the gate money is just self-defeating.