gazza in intensive care

we watched it unfold on the tv mate. it happened live. :D

No. You saw two planes hitting the towers.

Then, a bit later, you saw the two towers collapse.

The two events had *nothing* to do with each other. Two pigeons could have struck those buildings and they were coming down.

I'd be more than happy to explain to you over in the Lounge what happened, if you're interested - and ready to have your world view turned upside down.

In the meantime, at least Gascoigne has *some* hope - but to be honest, I think it's just postponing the inevitable.

A footballer is all he is and I don't think he's equipped for life without football. I'd love more than anything to be wrong, but nothing I've seen or heard leads me to believe he'll make it.

Watched the Gary Mabbutt clip and he says it wasnt life threatening. He also mentioned he cant talk to Gazza, only people in the clinic can therefore The Sun had no way of getting information direct.

Paul Gascoigne's therapist has confirmed that the former England footballer has been admitted to hospital in the United States.

However, John McKeown says there are no fears for the life of the 45-year-old, who is being treated for alcohol addiction.

Capped 57 times by England in his playing days, Gascoigne flew out to the United States last week and was admitted to the Cottonwood rehabilitation centre in Arizona so he could be treated for his addiction.

But reports emerged this weekend stating that the former Newcastle, Spurs, Lazio and Rangers man's health had deteriorated and that he had been taken to intensive care.

The clinic could not comment due to patient confidentiality but McKeown, a therapist who has been working with Gascoigne for over 10 years, has now released a statement.

He said: "Following reports today, I feel it's appropriate to bring people up to date on Paul Gascoigne's condition.

"Paul has experienced severe complications with his detoxification. This is not unusual for someone who has been drinking as heavily as he has.

"Paul was transferred from the US Clinic Cottonwood to a local hospital to be monitored, so as to be completely satisfied that there are no other complications to his health.

"He is still receiving that care but the hospital has reassured me that he is up and about and walking around. There are no fears for his life. We will aim to keep everyone updated."

Edited by Gribz

No. You saw two planes hitting the towers.

Then, a bit later, you saw the two towers collapse.

The two events had *nothing* to do with each other. Two pigeons could have struck those buildings and they were coming down.

I'd be more than happy to explain to you over in the Lounge what happened, if you're interested - and ready to have your world view turned upside down.

In the meantime, at least Gascoigne has *some* hope - but to be honest, I think it's just postponing the inevitable.

A footballer is all he is and I don't think he's equipped for life without football. I'd love more than anything to be wrong, but nothing I've seen or heard leads me to believe he'll make it.

yes mate, i would love to know. which lounge and where is it? glasgow?