Naming Rights Statement

fd431274e3486190d11e6ac8394af090_S.jpg

CHIEF EXECUTIVE Charles Green has been given the go ahead by fans representatives to progress the sale of naming rights of Ibrox.

More than 300 supporters attended a fans forum at Ibrox last night which was addressed by Green and Newcastle United Managing Director Derek Llambias.

Following a discussion on the potential commercial opportunities for the club through naming rights, fans gave the go ahead for Green to progress the issue but made clear that any renaming of the stadium should include Ibrox in the title.

Green said: "I am very pleased and heartened by the supporters approach to this issue and we will take things forward as soon as possible."

CLUBNEWS.jpg

Read more on the official site...

I'm not sure consulting a cross section of fans is suitable for the renaming issue. All season ticket holders should've had chance to vote.

I'm pleased Charles Green is so keen to speak with a variety of fans & clubs but he needs to formalise a proper official fans organisation. The RST are independent & should remain so. The Assembly is effectively dead so needs to be replaced. Fans need a proper voice.

I'm not sure consulting a cross section of fans is suitable for the renaming issue. All season ticket holders should've had chance to vote.

I'm pleased Charles Green is so keen to speak with a variety of fans & clubs but he needs to formalise a proper official fans organisation. The RST are independent & should remain so. The Assembly is effectively dead so needs to be replaced. Fans need a proper voice.

A fan vote for a business decision would be a bit mad.

ive said this before , they could call it the willie wonka umpa lumpa stadium , it is and always will be ibrox

That's your opinion and many would agree (including myself by the way).

However, that doesn't mean everyone else would so I think such a sensitive subject should be decided by the majority. :)

That's your opinion and many would agree (including myself by the way).

However, that doesn't mean everyone else would so I think such a sensitive subject should be decided by the majority. :)

I think he would be far too frightened he would lose that vote Frankie.