Is it time to forgive, forget and move on ?

not a minor technicality mate. It's a fact. Liquidation might not even occur at all if CG decides to buy back the oldco to preserve its name.

Don't let dhims tell u we were liquidated . We weren't. We were sold between corporate entities and had the licence transfrerred over thus maintaining history.

we have successfully applied for liquidation. the sfa etc could only make their decisions on punishment based on that and for me they got it just about right.

their is a case for us getting special treatment because they need us but thats what it would be special treatment and its them who are suffering because they didn't do it.

any punishment much worse than what we got would be to much anything less would be them treating us as a special case.

we are a special case of course.

we have successfully applied for liquidation. the sfa etc could only make their decisions on punishment based on that and for me they got it just about right.

their is a case for us getting special treatment because they need us but thats what it would be special treatment and its them who are suffering because they didn't do it.

any punishment much worse than what we got would be to much anything less would be them treating us as a special case.

except ,of course, if they knew Whyte wasn't paying PAYE/NI and took no action as has been suggested. If this is the case then the whole organisation as a governing body is irrelevent, corrupt and should be disbanded and replaced by an entirely new set-up.

i am probably in a minority but i don't think our punishments were overly harsh.

10 point deduction was a no brainer.

transfer ban was illegal and as such totally wrong but it was quite possibly less harsh than we deserved for absolute failure to pay tax for a year. it was shifted to the point where it really didnt affect us much.

demotion to div 3 after liquidation was pretty much spot on.

then we have the spl title striping witch hunt. we will see what comes of that.

perhaps i am missing something.

...we have successfully applied for liquidation. the sfa etc could only make their decisions on punishment based on that and for me they got it just about right.

I agree with the 10pt deduction. Beyond that I'm at a loss to see where you're coming from here GS.

The transfer embargo was an illegal punishment handed to us for any and all disrepute charges they could possibly brainstorm into existence on the event of us entering administration. I highly doubt that the majority of clubs which go into admin are all square with their tax liabilities. Yet we were singled out for this 'crime against humanity' by our peers, the mhedia, SFA et all.

Liquidation hasn't taken place and won't do for some time. We newco'd off-season and otherwise you have to wonder what the outcome would have been. Nevertheless, everything was transferred from one company to another without any liquidation taking place. Everything except our SPL share that is.

Despite Doncaster going on TV and repeatedly stating how he couldn't see any difference between Newco and CVA exits from administration with regards to how we would be dealt with by the football authorities, they changed the rules to allow our rival clubs to vote us out. You were saying about special treatment?

In Scottish football there is no clear precedent to our case. Elsewhere there is though and those clubs have not been dealt with in a fashion even remotely similar to ourselves.

We have been treated both as a new and old company to suit the harshest punishments they could hit us with. In any other business they wouldn't get away with it.

I agree with the 10pt deduction. Beyond that I'm at a loss to see where you're coming from here GS.

The transfer embargo was an illegal punishment handed to us for any and all disrepute charges they could possibly brainstorm into existence on the event of us entering administration. I highly doubt that the majority of clubs which go into admin are all square with their tax liabilities. Yet we were singled out for this 'crime against humanity' by our peers, the mhedia, SFA et all.

Liquidation hasn't taken place and won't do for some time. We newco'd off-season and otherwise you have to wonder what the outcome would have been. Nevertheless, everything was transferred from one company to another without any liquidation taking place. Everything except our SPL share that is.

Despite Doncaster going on TV and repeatedly stating how he couldn't see any difference between Newco and CVA exits from administration with regards to how we would be dealt with by the football authorities, they changed the rules to allow our rival clubs to vote us out. You were saying about special treatment?

In Scottish football there is no clear precedent to our case. Elsewhere there is though and those clubs have not been dealt with in a fashion even remotely similar to ourselves.

We have been treated both as a new and old company to suit the harshest punishments they could hit us with. In any other business they wouldn't get away with it.

i doubt any of those clubs systematically did not pay tax for a year or so. the sfa's rules were poor here. if anything their rules only really allowed for a suspension from football that was strong enough. we can consider ourselves lucky perhaps that thats not what we got. what whyte did was scandalous.

to all intents and purposes we have been liquidated. i am pretty sure fiorentina went to the 3rd division as well. to be honest it seems about right that thats what happens to teams who require liquidation to recover.

i am pretty sure fiorentina went to the 3rd division as well. to be honest it seems about right that thats what happens to teams who require liquidation to recover.

Fiorentina went out of existence under the name and badge of Fiorentina for a whole season before buying the rights from the liquidators. A similar scenario to Airdrie possibly but not comparable to Rangers.

...What's more, the Italian FA then fast tracked the new club rebranded as ACF Fiorentina after playing a whole season under the name 'Associazione Calcio Fiorentina e Florentia Viola' in the Italian 4th tier. They skipped a division on "sports merits" after the Catania Case resulted in league reconstruction with Serie B increasing from 20 to 24 teams.

Could the same happen with Scotland's most successful club under the same "sports merits" banner? Not a chance.

the war is not over. It has only just begun. We must neither forgive nor forget and prepare to unleash whatever we can at the rest of Scottish football. Let's start by sabotaging their SKY deal for next season. CG has said he'll refuse to sign it meaning that SKY will want to pay a reduced rate for games without us next season or even walk away altogether. That should tip a few over the edge with no SKY income

...What's more, the Italian FA then fast tracked the new club rebranded as ACF Fiorentina after playing a whole season under the name 'Associazione Calcio Fiorentina e Florentia Viola' in the Italian 4th tier. They skipped a division on "sports merits" after the Catania Case resulted in league reconstruction with Serie B increasing from 20 to 24 teams.

Could the same happen with Scotland's most successful club under the same "sports merits" banner? Not a chance.

could the same happen to us ? yes I think it could. They need us to subsidise Scottish football. If CG sticks to his guns & refuses to sign next season's SKY deal then, believe me, they have a big problem.

No Rangers = No Sky deal = financial meltdown

happened to napoli as well.

anyway c green doesnt get a say on the tv deal that is up to the sfl as a whole. its even quite possible that sky have a 5 year deal already in place though its unclear on that.

not sure they have a 5 year deal m8. they were supposed to sign a new 5 year deal but didn't. As far as I know we're in final year of existing deal. where we go from here is anyone's guess IMO.