Stirling Albion 1 : 1 Rangers (FT)

So in other words you don't actually know that it's easy for teams to play against us.

if he doesn't, i do. we aren't even any fitter than these part time teams who often finish games stronger than us. theirs a few reasons for that. one is how little of the ball we get and how little work we make the opposition do.

No but i've watched team after team manage to outdo our turgid football, home and away. That goes back to our time in the SPL under Walter, although Walter undoubtedly knew how to get results together.

Walter got his teams to work their arse off, something we are sadly lacking at the moment.

if he doesn't, i do. we aren't even any fitter than these part time teams who often finish games stronger than us. theirs a few reasons for that. one is how little of the ball we get and how little work we make the opposition do.

For example, you could see the late Elgin and Montrose equalisers at Ibrox recently coming a mile off.

Totally agree about the fitness levels, we don't seem to have anything more in the tank than our opponents despite the state of the art facilities etc. Strangely, at the start of the season I felt the opposite and particularly at Ibrox where teams started to run out of steam after about 50 minutes. This hasn't been evident since the turn of the year and in fact both Montrose and Elgin have snatched late goals in games at Ibrox, finishing the game looking much stronger than us. You do have to wonder if the players are getting an easy ride now that the league is effectively won. If so, completely unacceptable and a real cause for concern.

I decided to go along tonight and chance my arm at getting a ticket. Ending up getting one for the home support West Stand behind our dugout. It is actually quite staggering when you see it at close quarters and hear what is being shouted by the management team and players alike. Apart from freezing my bollocks off, what really got me down was the ludicrous formation we seemed insistent on sticking to. They had one man up front when we were going forward, but more often than not we would keep a back four and two fucking holding midfielders in front of them in Hutton and Black (why the fuck are we playing 2 'holding' players in Div 3 FFS!!!). So you would have Temps\McKay taking a ball from one of our back six. None of that 6 would then go forward. Our 3 other front men would basically be up in the front line, with the whole midfield swamped by Stirling players. Temps\McKay would then be left with 3 choices - (1) launch a hopeful ball to the front 3 in the distance, (2) try to thread it through the eye of a needle to get it to the feet of one of the front men in the distance, or (3) try to take on the 4 or 5 red shirts that stood between him and his nearest blue shirts up front. What was even more worrying for me was watching our 'leaders' on the sidelines looking blank, with no clue how to change it. The formation was so obviously wrong. As soon as I saw wee McKay warming up I thought surely it is a chance to remove one of the holders and change the formation to a more attacking midfield in support of the front line. Nope - straight swap for Temps. No formation change. I've never been an Ally basher but I was almost for running on if I had heard him shout 'keep working lads' one more time. I don't think I heard anything more from him the whole second half. A complete tactics free zone in our dugout of blank expressions. I was so gutted seeing how inept they look at close quarters and it really saddens me to say that. It was one freezing, hellish night!!