RH side of Rangers Midfield

Why was Kal Naismith playing there again today? nothing against the lad but he's a striker & playing there is not his position. IMO there were two better alternatives:-

i) play Barrie McKay there. That's his position is it not?

ii) move Templeton there and put, say, Fraser Aird or McKay on LH side

I realise Shiels was out today & we're seriously short in MF but sometimes I do wonder about Ally's tactical decisions

i prefer templeton on the right. he is able to get to the byline and cross the ball in like a winger should. he hasnt been great on the left tbh. and with temps on the right i would have shiels on the left(ideally in the middle next to hutton but isnt going to happen) so shiels on the left with aird and mckay being their standins for either wing. dynamic, quick, skillful and dangerous.

not a fan of naismith in midfield. nor do i think he warrants a starting place yet.

in saying all that, i do want to see more of andy mitchell who is a right midfielder i believe and older than most of the youths already been given a chance.

Edited by kuznetsov

Why was Kal Naismith playing there again today? nothing against the lad but he's a striker & playing there is not his position.

Couldn't agree more, didn't do the boy any favours sticking him out wide and out of position. Looked very uncomfortable and lacking in pace. Hope we don't persevere with this..for everyone's sake.