Rangers set to remain bottom tier in 12-12-18 plan

can someone explain to me how adding two wee diddy clubs to make 44 clubs and changing from 12-10-10-10 to 12-12-10-10 is somehow going to improve & revolutionise scottish football ? don't even get me started on the SPL 's 12-12-18 joke.

can someone explain to me how adding two wee diddy clubs to make 44 clubs and changing from 12-10-10-10 to 12-12-10-10 is somehow going to improve & revolutionise scottish football ? don't even get me started on the SPL 's 12-12-18 joke.

Honestly, improving "Scottish football" is hardly done by a 12-12-18 or 12-12-10-10 or any other mathematical structure. It starts at youth recruitment and development all over the country. Reward clubs for a good development structure, while give the boys something to aim at. (E.g., in a big league of 18 No. 3 to 18 will have not much to look forward to in a season and the fare will probably become pretty stale again. )

Honestly, improving "Scottish football" is hardly done by a 12-12-18 or 12-12-10-10 or any other mathematical structure. It starts at youth recruitment and development all over the country. Reward clubs for a good development structure, while give the boys something to aim at. (E.g., in a big league of 18 No. 3 to 18 will have not much to look forward to in a season and the fare will probably become pretty stale again. )

so why reconstruct the leagues at all then if it won't improve things?

The sole point of "reconstruction" is to re-merge the SPL and the SFL, so the money gets split more evenly. At least from the SFL's point of view. Thus, the low-key teams get more money for their local recruitment etc., equipment, coaches and whatnot. Do they need to reconstruct the league system to make the Scottish game better? Indirectly. For the more competetive it looks, the more attractive it becomes to those paying the money - be that media money or customer money. The SPL right now is ridiculous. I doubt that anyone really has a recipe to make the Scottish game more attractive either - with the OF games or without them.

Agree with the theory of that but TBH these wee diddy teams are easier on the eye than the majority of clubs. Most of the teams Ive seen in Div 3 have played the ball on the deck and tried to play the game properly, and some of the are only a few years old. Even Ross County are probably the most entertaining in the SPL along with Inverness and both of them were only brought into the league in the last 2 decades.

The current structure is actually holding back these type of teams for the gain of the poor standard at the top. Id rather pay to watch Annan, East Stirlingshire (based on their first half performance at Ibrox), Ross County and Inverness than any other SPL side.

Only in Scotland does the shite rise to the top and the cream sink to the bottom. Thanks again Mr Doncaster.

I might be wrong, but I think there's a few smoke screens here, not least if it's 12-12-18 or 12-12-10-10.

More importantly, what's the governance? Is it going to be Peter Lawell and whoever he sees fit to be on any boards?

What kind of voting structures will there be?

Why are the first placed in the SPL being slightly disadvantaged financially, while the second placed are are taking a huge hit?

What does the present Sky deal look like? What will the future one look like? How will that be distributed?

How will the SPL's present debts be incorporated into the new structure?

So many other questions to consider.

12-12-18 or 12-12-10-10 is one of the lesser issues in my book.

Scottish Premier League clubs will vote on league reconstruction proposals next month following the latest round of discussions.

Chairmen have now agreed to take the proposal to a vote on April 15, where they will vote on a raft of proposals including the league composition and rulebook, as well as an amalgamation with the Scottish Football League to create one body.

SFL clubs are required to hold a separate vote to decide whether they will approve the plans.

If passed by both, the new structure would be put in place in time for next season.

For league reconstruction plans to be passed, SPL clubs are required to vote at least 11-1 in favour.

The Scottish Football League would have to vote separately for the joint plans to be put into effect. 29 of the 30 SFL sides, excluding Rangers, must pass a 75% vote.

Under the league reconstruction plans, three leagues would be created in a 12-12-18 format, with the top two tiers splitting into three groups of eight after 22 games.

A draft rulebook has been drawn up and was discussed at a meeting of all SPL clubs at Hampden on Monday.

STV

Yeah April 15 works, no rush :facepalm:

Gives them all plenty time to ask Liewell & Doncaster where this additional £4m is coming from that all the clubs would be getting distributed amongst them according to the figures given out

Edited by RANGERRAB