Durrant and McDowall

As much flak as Ally gets I think these two equally deserve criticism. Its not their fault they are in those positions but its plainly obvious they arent assistant manager material.

Same as Ally - thanks a million for heling pull what was left of the squad through last year, that wont be forgotten, but that doesnt mean they can sit on the sidelines chewing gum and holding a clipboard while the product on the pitch is depressing.

I do believe that Ally and his coaching team have been doing their best and I can understand that people think he needs to be replaced. I do have problems with telling a guy who has helped Rangers as a player and manager through thick and thin to fuck off though. I am now talking as a supporter and not a mod. It is most disappointing to hear that coming out of the mouth(or Keyboard) of Rangers supporters. Making it clear you think he should be replaced is no problem and I may possibly agree with that but Ally fuck off is just totally disgraceful imo.

GA - out of order, bud.

McCoist the man, McCoist the Ranger cannot be criticised.

As a manager, as a leader, as a coach? well, fill yer boots - but calling him a muppet? have a wee look back at your Rangers DVDs from about 1987 onwards, and then have a wee word with yourself.

pb

I was at Ibrox in late September 1983. Rangers v St. Johnstone.

The manager was a forlorn and under pressure John Greig, Rangers had a young Ally McCoist playing on his 21st birthday.

St. Johnstone scored in the first minute and a half empty Ibrox fell silent. Rangers won the game 6-3 and young McCoist scored a brace.

My eternal memories of the day are the spectacle of John Greig looking completely lost and overwhelmed after the first goal and the old guys on the Glasgow subway after the game slating the legend that is Greig as useless, citing the ignominy of allowing a team like St. Johnstone to score three goals at Ibrox as the end of the line for our manager of the day.

I feel that there are obvious parallels now with the greatest Rangers man of his generation struggling to become a competent and successful manager.

John Greig resigned shortly after that game yet remains a legend despite his obvious failings as a manager. It may be necessary for Ally to do the same but nothing will ever undermine or reduce what he has done for this club over a 30 year period. At least not for this bear.

Muppet? I don't think so.

Edited by MeAndMyWeePalJoe