You loved to see us suffer

"Juventus had a couple of championships stripped from them but continue to say they have won them. We would have been the same."

I'm sorry Walter. You are a legend but with that statement you only give Rangers a disservice and provide our haters with more fuel. How was our SPL investigation in any way comparable to the Juventus case? They were found guilty of top level match fixing over a period of time and were rightly punished. Rangers were found "guilty" of nothing more than shoddy paperwork and a respected panel deemed that we gained zero sporting advantages on the pitch. Very poor statement from Watty IMO

Walter wasnt comparing the situation, not at all. All he was doing was confirming that regardless of the outcome of the commission's findings we, as a club, would still have claimed those stripped titles.

Nowhere in that quote does he say anything to suggest he was comparing the Juve situation with Rangers, aside from the glaring one of stripped titles.

they have raised 250k already but they wont put it in to prop up masterston. i think they will reemerge though they will need to go through liquidation first.

Wouldnt be surprised if they do a "Clydebank"

Smith slams Gers rivals

WALTER SMITH reckons other clubs were ready to dance on Rangersâ?? grave as they died a slow and lingering death.

The Ibrox side were voted out of the SPL and dumped into the Third Division last summer.

Nine-in-a-row boss Smith believes the rest of Scottish football couldnâ??t wait to get at them with liquidation looming.

Smith said: â??I donâ??t think there is any doubt Rangers had to endure a level of punishment.

â??But Iâ??m not sure there would have been the same zeal from the clubs in Scotland towards any other club in Scotland apart from Rangers.

â??They looked as though they were thoroughly enjoying what was happening at the club.

â??We are going to be involved for the next couple of years trying to get back to the Premier Division.

â??It looks as though the clubs who voted us out will be in a poorer condition than when we were in it.

â??But that was their decision and they will have to live with that. They voted for it.â?

Smith quit as Gers boss in 2011 but was brought back to Ibrox by new chief executive Charles Green last November as a non-executive director.

Ten days ago Lord Nimmo Smith chose not to strip Gers of any titles following his independent inquiry into the clubâ??s payment procedures to players.

But Smith insists they would NEVER have relinquished any silverware anyway. He said: â??Things are settling down now especially after the findings of the SPL Commission.

â??In my view the club would never have lost titles anyway.

â??Juventus had a couple of championships stripped from them but continue to say they have won them. We would have been the same.

â??It was a sensible result last week and it means we can draw a line under it and get on with trying to take the club back to the position it is associated with. Thatâ??s the main thing we have to look at.

â??Our job is to get back to the position where Rangers are challenging Celtic for championships. The club is now on as sound a financial footing as it has been in recent history.â?

Smith now hopes Green delivers by backing boss Ally McCoist in the transfer market once the clubâ??s embargo is lifted on September 1.

He said: â??Once we get the transfer embargo out of the way it will allow us to settle down a bit more and the team will continue to develop.

â??Nobody will deserve greater credit when we get back to the top division than Alastair. I hope when he gets there he will work with the level of player I had and become extremely successful.

â??We will have to have a step up in the standard of player each year.

Smith has taken time to adjust to his new role â?? and reckons his days as a boss are now finished.

He said: â??Charles asked if I would join the board. Having been a manager I wasnâ??t sure if I would fit in the boardroom.

â??My only previous involvement in that area was giving a managerâ??s report at board meetings.

â??It took me a while to find out what my responsibilities would be but Charles kept saying: â??Come on you need to come in and help usâ??.

â??He felt I could have an input that would help the club and that was the most important thing. As a non-executive you get kept up to speed with important decisions that are being made but you are not the focal point.

â??If there are times you can help then you hope that you can do so.â?

On whether heâ??ll return to the dugout, he added: â??It doesnâ??t look like it now. I have not been inundated with offers.

â??There were a few opportunities after I left Rangers but they were not positions that I wanted to take up.

â??I am happy enough with the way things are going at the moment. I am doing a few things and seeing a few places I never thought I would see.

â??You still get a tug every now and again â?? especially on a matchday because the best bit of being a manager is trying to win a game on a Saturday afternoon.â?

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/leaguedivision3/4833898/You-loved-to-see-us-suffer.html#ixzz2N7pDOfKy

Does that mean paying over value for mediocre talent Walter and watching mediocre players being played out of position and using inept tactics instead of bringing on our own young players,teaching them the basics of the game,making sure the players work at their game by having two a day sessions instead of bragging how "easy their next sesh" is going to be.

Sorry Walter but i disagree with you on this point more than ever.

The Jobs for the boys attitude needs eradicated from Ibrox.

It's went on for far too long.

Walter told everyone Ally was ready for the job, i'm not convinced Ally is but your not going to hear a bad word said by Walter on Ally. Walter has spent a lot of money as manager of Rangers in his 2 tenures, he hasn't had to build a team from scratch which Ally has had to do.

Ally had that talent Walter, start of his first season and got us pumped out of 3 cups in a fortnight.

I hope Green tells Ally he's getting no money until he sees a dramatic improvement in what he already has.

Ally will not be able to improve the talent that is Hutton, Black, Wallace, Cribari or McCulloch. Their lack of commitment maybe, but not the "talent". As for the the start of his first reign, yeah, it was one of the worst that we have had, but we've gone through this time and again and it was simply not all Ally's fault. No matter how people want to turn it.

Ally will not be able to improve the talent that is Hutton, Black, Wallace, Cribari or McCulloch. Their lack of commitment maybe, but not the "talent". As for the the start of his first reign, yeah, it was one of the worst that we have had, but we've gone through this time and again and it was simply not all Ally's fault. No matter how people want to turn it.

It's never Ally's fault according to you, its those pesky players who just aren't good enough.