alan johnston's take on qos success.

both i suspect. but i meant players of a much higher quality.

we brought in players that's clubs wanted to keep. players of the year etc.

Not counting youngsters promoted from the youth squad, they brought in the same number of players as we did.

All of the players they brought in had experience of playing in the SPL and some of them had actually spent most of their career in the SPL.

In terms of general footballing experience the average age of the players they brought in was higher than the average age of the ones we brought in, so if anyone wanted to be pedantic, it could be argued that QoS brought in more experience than we did.

In terms of quality, I think that's pretty subjective, especially considering the fact that a lot of our fans haven't been happy with the quality of most of our new players. Out of the 9 players we brought in two have already been moved on, while out of the 9 players they brought in one has been moved on.

I do think it's fair to say that on paper it would certainly look as though we brought in better quality. I don't think that could be argued, but I do think that the difference in quality would have shown under different circumstances (such as if both teams had played this season in the SPL).

Bet they weren't on the same wages as our guys, Zappa. Or anywhere near it.

The point is that for the money we're shelling out for facilities, players and coaching staff, we should be creaming it.

That we struggle should be a huge burden of embarrassment to everyone involved at the Club

Bet they weren't on the same wages as our guys, Zappa. Or anywhere near it.

The point is that for the money we're shelling out for facilities, players and coaching staff, we should be creaming it.

That we struggle should be a huge burden of embarrassment to everyone involved at the Club

Completely agree mate, although we need to take our unprecedented circumstances at the club both on and off the pitch into account too. After everything the club's been through I think it's pretty unfair to completely discount what's happened and the bizarre circumstances the club finds itself in. I'm not trying to excuse the poor performances by any means, but our overall equation just isn't as simple as how much money is currently being spent on facilities, players and coaching staff. Football is never really as simple as adding up the money being spent because if it was, then you wouldn't expect the richest clubs to regularly have a hard time against poorer clubs, which they most certainly do.

http://www.qosfc.com/players

I think your being generous to the qots player zappa. most people won't know more than one or two names.

we on the otherhand signed pity candidates and cup final motm winners with international caps.

That's pretty funny gs. I didn't really talk up the quality of the QoS players at all, but you're almost making out as if we signed a bunch of top quality players when the fact of the matter is that Templeton was the only signing most Rangers fans were delighted about.

They were quality players for this level.

A fair point and it's also fair to say QoS signed quality players for division 2 considering the fact that division 2 is of very similar standard to division 3.