Stars set to return

Carlos Bocanegra and Dorin Goian?

Oops! Not good enough imo

There's just something about turning the clock back that doesn't sit with me.

Anyway those two aren't great ex-Rangers to start with

Edited by 54andcounting

Something about Rangers and what makes us tick - through all of our success there have been plenty of changes at board room level. Only a few have radically affected the club.

What we do have throughout our history is a habit of sticking by our managers. We don't chop and change them as many clubs do. When I read comments on various threads suggesting managers we could bring in to replace Ally as a stop gap it really makes me cringe.

We had the same chairmen and owners for long periods so I doubt the changes have been that constant. But even if so, the last two regimes have broken up amidst financial crisis and other controversy, so do you not think for now we could do with some stability and lack of upheaval?

As I mentioned, Ally will have had two seasons and he was in training for the job from 2007. We'd hardly be turning into Blackburn Rovers if we made a change now.

We had the same chairmen and owners for long periods so I doubt the changes have been that constant. But even if so, the last two regimes have broken up amidst financial crisis and other controversy, so do you not think for now we could do with some stability and lack of upheaval?

OK, first of all I want to make it clear that I'm not suggesting we need to make any changes at board room level. I'm remaining skeptical and sitting on the fence on that one for now. If and when Green either manages to win me over or lose my support altogether you'll be the first to know.

We might see a new chairman soon anyway and again it's not a change I'm calling for, but if it does happen I don't see it as a position which holds any real power at the club while 'Charles' is in charge. Over the past 10 years we've had more chairmen than managers but only two of those have held the clubs destiny in their hands. The owner calls the shots. Not the chairman

As I mentioned, Ally will have had two seasons and he was in training for the job from 2007. We'd hardly be turning into Blackburn Rovers if we made a change now.

Most of the replace Ally talk seems completely unwarranted in my opinion. It's aimless and basically just change for the sake of change. The candidates suggested have been for the most part laughable.

We can't be keeping them on 15k odd a week.

Find Neil Murray for negligence and sack Cribari, Faure and Argy for being imposters and we can easy keep them.

Bocanegra back would arguably be the biggest signing of the season. How good would he be!!! Does Davie Weir fancy another year??? He could stroll it.

Goian - decent, bit of a poor mans Bert Konterman so far. Would take him as long as he doesnt have to defend.

Gova

I see nothing to suggest their is any wiggle room in the 33%. quite the opposite in fact.

I'll be perfectly happy with 33% if we can increase our turnover to the fanciful figures touted by BS & CG

We are seriously going to pay 2 players 15K a week to play Div2 football, the worlds gone bonkers and we will be out of business long before we get back to the top.

But then it does seem to be Ally's go to tactic of just out spending the opposition and you don't really need to worry about coaching.

But then it does seem to be Ally's go to tactic of just out spending the opposition and you don't really need to worry about coaching.

Yes because I can't remember any other Rangers manager having done the same. He must be pi$h if he has to resort to that :facepalm: