Gers plan shake-up

Another mhank title in the bank at our ineptitude

Eh ? How do you work that out ? We could hardly prevent them from winning the title.

If you mean that as in "a year wasted" I dont buy that. We were in complete and utter turmoil when PLG left (both in terms of players and finances).... yet we then went and won 3 in a row - there is abslutely no guarantee that every year we dont progress in terms of forward thinking means that we wont win the league when we get back

Eh ? How do you work that out ? We could hardly prevent them from winning the title.

If you mean that as in "a year wasted" I dont buy that. We were in complete and utter turmoil when PLG left (both in terms of players and finances).... yet we then went and won 3 in a row - there is abslutely no guarantee that every year we dont progress in terms of forward thinking means that we wont win the league when we get back

We brought back a manager who had half a clue how to win leagues, admittedly not pretty on the eye.

We have Ally.

I don't see the problem here. It wasn't the job of McCoist or any existing employee to restructure the business. What the club needed from square one was as much stability as possible. Green and co did deliver on this front and I for one am happy to see they've taken time to consider these changes rather than wiping the slate clean at the first opportunity.

I'm prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt here.

Couldnt agree more.

We didnt know where we would be playing this time last year, if anywhere

We still dont know where we will be playing next year

We have had a transfer embargo placed upon us, save for younger players

Stability was paramount in the first instance

Making infrastructure changes should NOT be rushed

We still have plenty of time to make the changes we need to make.

The MAIN thing is making the right changes for the LONG TERM stability of the club.

Lets also not forget that it was only since November/December that we became reasonably cash rich. Yes the ST money was there but that was clearly being used up on various expenses (yes, including CG's salary for those pissed off at that).

The changes that our club needs are MASSIVE, that is how poorly we have been run for so long - a complete overhaul has been needed for a long time and we all know that. However, you cant just make all those changes all at once and in a knee-jerk fashion.

Let me give you an example.... not readily comparable but an example nonetheless. My company are looking at making changes to the way we run our business and one significant change is being implemented. However, due to the nature of it the implementation will actually not come into effect until 2015 even though we are making that change now - and it wont be fully implemented till 2020.

Sometimes things will take time. Rome wasnt built in a day and we shouldnt rush such structural, important decisions.

The short term stuff that McCoist talks about is probably just the signing policy or who we should be bringing in - and those things, by their nature, are short term anyway.

We brought back a manager who had half a clue how to win leagues, admittedly not pretty on the eye.

We have Ally.

Makes no difference - at this point we are 3 years from the SPL and there is no guarantee that McCoist will be there by the time we get back. THAT is actually my point - how can you suggest that we have lost another league title because we have stagnated - when Walter proved that the shambles PLG resided over just needed someone with a modicum of knowledge of the Scottish game to turn things around.

We had stagnated longer than a year when WS came back in, but it didnt cost us a title.

That is the point.

going back the the original OP about planning a shake up, what will have changed now under the new regime is if someone within Rangers offers someone like Sandaza a 4 year deal on a vastly over-inflated salary then he manages a mere 2 goals in first season, then that someone will be held responsible and shall take the consequences. The days of easy money at Rangers are over from top to bottom.

going back the the original OP about planning a shake up, what will have changed now under the new regime is if someone within Rangers offers someone like Sandaza a 4 year deal on a vastly over-inflated salary then he manages a mere 2 goals in first season, then that someone will be held responsible and shall take the consequences. The days of easy money at Rangers are over from top to bottom.

That is no bad thing.