http://economicsfc.wordpress.com/2013/04/09/celtic-fc-and-state-aid/

Grabbed this from another forum. Has anyone else seen this?

I know this is for Rangers Chat but I suppose this indrirectly relates to us after the events of the last few years.

Interesting reading tbh

Feel free to move please if not in the right place

In 2008, in a FOI request I made, GCC suggested they "did not sell Janefield Street, Kinloch Street or Dalriada Street to Celtic Football Club in the mid 90s."

Although in the same letter they did contradict that clear statement by also saying"the Council does not hold the information which you have requested.".

Clear as mud.

The vast majority of that piece was penned by myself some 7-8 years past. It was originally posted on FollowFollow and the thread was prominent for weeks.

It is a common error when folks lift the article(and I have no problems with anyone wanting to spread such information) that disbelievingly they change the three streets(Dalriada Street, Kinloch Street, and Janefield Street) sold by the then Glasgow District Council to ra Sellik from the accurate 'one penny' to a pound. It's true, the then Convenor of GDC, Pat Lally was forced to call a full council meeting of all 102 councillors to verify the original decision taken by the Planning Committee. Ra Sellik were allowed to significantly increase their land bank in the immediate proximity to their stadium through the generosity of their supporters on GDC.

Both Rangers and Partick Thistle had similar plans lodged with the same Committee to increase their land banks. Rangers had an agreement with Junior club, St Anthonys to purchase their ground for £250,000 and construct a reserve/youth team stadium. Thistle had plans to convert the canal area behind Firhill into a small hotel, leisure, watersports centre. Both these applications were NOT looked on sympathetically by the very same committee, in fact they deliberately stymied these applications.

7-8 years ago? We need to get this to fore. This is a friggin scandal.

Well done on the article BTW

The vast majority of that piece was penned by myself some 7-8 years past. It was originally posted on FollowFollow and the thread was prominent for weeks.

It is a common error when folks lift the article(and I have no problems with anyone wanting to spread such information) that disbelievingly they change the three streets(Dalriada Street, Kinloch Street, and Janefield Street) sold by the then Glasgow District Council to ra Sellik from the accurate 'one penny' to a pound. It's true, the then Convenor of GDC, Pat Lally was forced to call a full council meeting of all 102 councillors to verify the original decision taken by the Planning Committee. Ra Sellik were allowed to significantly increase their land bank in the immediate proximity to their stadium through the generosity of their supporters on GDC.

Both Rangers and Partick Thistle had similar plans lodged with the same Committee to increase their land banks. Rangers had an agreement with Junior club, St Anthonys to purchase their ground for £250,000 and construct a reserve/youth team stadium. Thistle had plans to convert the canal area behind Firhill into a small hotel, leisure, watersports centre. Both these applications were NOT looked on sympathetically by the very same committee, in fact they deliberately stymied these applications.

The article was stimulated by the appearance of the then First Minister, Jack McConnell on Radio Snyde, hosted by station MD, Paul Cooney. It was the evening of ra Sellik's UEFA cup tie with Liverpool at ra Stydome. Paul Cooney was a member of the Board of Scottish Enterprise(Glasgow). McConnell was on to announce the plans for the Velodrome were ratified and the funding was in place. Further, the Commonwealth Games would be opened and closed at ra Stydome. The relocation of Sports Scotland from Edinburgh to Parkhead was sheer coincidence, ah mean the CEO of Sports Scotland was/is Brigit McConnell(Jack's wife).

The article was stimulated by the appearance of the then First Minister, Jack McConnell on Radio Snyde, hosted by station MD, Paul Cooney. It was the evening of ra Sellik's UEFA cup tie with Liverpool at ra Stydome. Paul Cooney was a member of the Board of Scottish Enterprise(Glasgow). McConnell was on to announce the plans for the Velodrome were ratified and the funding was in place. Further, the Commonwealth Games would be opened and closed at ra Stydome. The relocation of Sports Scotland from Edinburgh to Parkhead was sheer coincidence, ah mean the CEO of Sports Scotland was/is Brigit McConnell(Jack's wife).

I'm surprised the papes never took hold of this...? Oh wait I forgot....

Guest alfiebass
http://economicsfc.wordpress.com/2013/04/09/celtic-fc-and-state-aid/

Grabbed this from another forum. Has anyone else seen this?

I know this is for Rangers Chat but I suppose this indrirectly relates to us after the events of the last few years.

Interesting reading tbh

Feel free to move please if not in the right place

The reason for this topic raising its head is that UEFA are investigating clubs in Spain and Holland for getting illegal government aid, this case certainly seem worth bringing to their attention along with some other financial dealings involving tax payers money being pumped into the ground surrounding Porkheid. The killer punch in this one is the status of the GCC and other officials regarding their personal links to c****c and a definite conflict of interests.

As stated above, it was the Board of Scottish Enterprise(Glasgow) that succeeded in bringing the Commonwealth Games to ra Stydome. The expanding cobweb of benefits to ra Sellik has been considerable. The infrastructure around the ground has a new duel carriageway passing within 60-70 yards that links both the M74 and M8 motorways. A new railway station at Dalmarnock(remember free travel on SPT trains and buses are included in ra Sellik season ticket). Further, the Glasgow Underground was meant to be extended to Sellik Park on advice of SPTE CEO, Ron Culley.

The Board of Scottish Enterprise(Glasgow) during this period included Wullie Haughey(former Sellik Director), Paul Cooney(former Sellik PRO), Charlie Gordon(GCC Convenor, now an MSP, Sellik supporter), Frank McAveety(GCC Convenor, MSP, now a councillor again), Stephen Purcell(GCC Convenor), Ron Culley(Sellik supporter and SPTE CEO). Specific influence was being brought to bear.

Other benefits are massive with the proximity of Sports Scotland with Brigit McConnell at the helm, a velodrome for indoor training, and a state of the art sports science and medical centre. Also, ,let's see what happens after the Games to all that lovely new housing of the Games Village?