ally says bomber may have had a point.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-at-heart.html

Rangers manager Ally McCoist has insisted to fans that he and Walter Smith have nothing but the club's best interests at heart.

Reports on Friday suggest that messages about the two men, posted under a pseudonym on a fans' website, have been linked to commercial director Imran Ahmad's official Rangers email account.

The online comments apparently accused McCoist and former manager Smith of "trying to take control of the club without putting any money in".

A brief statement from Rangers read: "We are aware of the newspaper report and are currently investigating the matter. No further comment at this stage."

Asked about the comments ahead of Saturday's Third Division game at East Stirling, McCoist said: "I genuinely haven't read them. I'm not really an online person â?? facebook and tweeting isn't my forte. But I have been told and kept up to speed with some of the things that have been said. Normally I can't speak for somebody else but I can speak for Walter and I will speak for Walter.

"The fans can be totally reassured by the fact that all myself and Walter have ever wanted is the best for the club and that will continue to be the case. In no way, shape or form were we trying to take over the club in the last few months. Not at all.

"All we have attempted to do is the right thing for the club and I can absolutely assure the support that will always be the case."

Former Rangers player John Brown, who was appointed as Dundee manager on Friday on a permanent basis, last summer questioned who owned the assets of Rangers, after the club was consigned to liquidation.

McCoist said: "John was very forthright and opinionated in his views not so long ago.

"I don't think he's ever said he was willing to take them back or he was going to eat his words.

"There are a lot of things that have been happening recently that would maybe say he has still got a point. Some of the things John was saying might just have been valid."

McCoist is hopeful of naming two precontract signings next week as he aims to bolster his squad for next season.

He said: "There's nothing concrete yet but I'd be really hopeful that this time next week we would be able to give you a couple of names of players that we have got over the line."

Spanish striker Nacho Novo has revealed he wants to return to Rangers next season.

The fans' favourite â?? who left Ibrox in 2010 â?? is out of contract with Huesca at the end of this campaign.

A transfer embargo means Light Blues boss Ally McCoist can only register free agents from Sept 1.

Novo, 34, said: "I would love to play for the club again."

Why do we insist on talking about transfers via the Newspapers? Just get it sorted and then release the statement FFS. Job done.

And hey Novo wants a return! Can't wait for him to partner Boydy or Miller! Honestly speaking...if this happens our club should get a knighthood for services to short termism...

Why do we insist on talking about transfers via the Newspapers? Just get it sorted and then release the statement FFS. Job done.

And hey Novo wants a return! Can't wait for him to partner Boydy or Miller! Honestly speaking...if this happens our club should get a knighthood for services to short termism...

The way we have been playing lately you can make that short terrorism.:)