Leggat - AXED AHMAD And The Leak To BBC Scotland

AXED commercial director Imran Ahmad is the man suspected of allegedly leaking the ridiculous dodgy dossier to BBC Scotlandâ??s fiercely anti Rangers senior football reporter, Chris McLaughlin.

For there is evidence that Charles Greenâ??s ally, Ahmed had been in secret touch with McLaughlin during the time he spent working inside Ibrox and of course Ahmad has got form after being caught leaking confidential boardroom information to a website, something which led to him being ushered through the exit door.

Rangers though will find it difficult to pin any further allegation on Ahmad, as I understand he also operated from a secret mobile phone number which had nothing to do with the club.

However, there may have been a slip up and my advice to Rangers today is that the clubâ??s IT experts should be trawling through the numbers on the incoming calls list on Ahmadâ??s official club phone. They may just turn up McLaughlinâ??s number.

That, of course, wonâ??t reveal anything concrete about the leak regarding the dodgy dossier, but it would help to pin point where much of McLaughlinâ??s inside info was coming from during some of the period when Ahmad and Green were inside Ibrox.

Despite Greenâ??s public rants against BBC Scotland I have evidence that his main ally, Ahmad, was speaking to the Beebâ??s senior football reporter, Chris McLaughlin.

No doubt much will be made of Rangers reacting to what looked like clear mischief making by McLaughlin over the dodgy dossier â?? mischief that Celticâ??s business partners at the Daily Record was keen to join in with â?? by banning BBC Scotland.

And I expect a raft of hacks to leap to the defence of the Beeb and of McLaughlin, claiming he was only doing his job. Thatâ??s nonsense!

The document which was leaked to McLaughlin was so full of rubbish, so obviously a dodgy dossier, that to give it the sort of credence BBC Scotland did, calls into question its motivation.

It was presented as some sort of high powered blueprint, written by a senior source, something which Rangers were on the brink of acting on.

Which was pure bunkum and balderdash.

Rangers director of communications Jim Traynor and manager Alastair McCoist explained the provenance of the dodgy dossier.

It was the ramblings of someone with a few quid who had bought some shares and thought that gave him the right to tell Rangers how to go about their business.

Rangers and just about every club in the land are used to getting such letters from fans. Are we to now expect them all to be treated with such seriousness by BBC Scotland the Celticâ??s business partners at the Daily Record?

In the coming days and weeks I expect more such ludicrous leaks to appear â?? probably on BBC Scotland and in the Daily Record.

However, with Charles Green due to leave the board at the end of the month and Ahmad no longer inside Ibrox, I also expect such leaks to be plugged.

Though not before the usual suspects â?? BBC Scotland, Chris McLaughlin, the Daily Record, Keith Jackson, Alex Thomson and Philmacgiollabhain â?? make further efforts to damage Rangers, based on knowledge which is fast becoming out of date.

AND.....

RANGERS supporters are to be commended for creating such a carnival atmosphere inside a full house Ibrox on Saturday and giving the kids who have served the old club so well by winning the Third Division crown by such a huge margin a day to remember.

As I wrote last week, it was important to give the youngsters a memory they would tell their grandchildren about half a century from now, a theme taken up afterwards by manager Alastair McCoist.

There was also a fabulous atmosphere and a super sing song inside the Wee Rangers Club, particularly downstairs, when I called in afterwards to sign some copies of my Scot Symon book GREAT SCOT! THE JAMES SCOTLAND SYMON STORY.

The internecine strife that has plagued our club these last few years, has seen all the main players adopt a pet journo(s) in both broadcast and print media. Getting your side of the story out there fastest and most often is an absolute requirement. Simply, they are all at it.

BBC Scotland has proved most adept at continually destabilising our club by constant ridicule of whoevers' hand is on the tiller. After resignation, they go back and put the comforting arm around whatever character and utilise as a source of further mischief. Green is feeling the comfort of Chris McLaughlin at this moment, in a few months time, it will be Malcolm Murray.

It is perpetual, the story that keeps on giving.