The Final Groundhog Day

I'm not really sure how people will take this but here goes.

I've mentioned this before.

I see disturbing parallels between last summer and the present day.

Firstly, both periods are about our Club being shafted - particularly by the governing authorities, but also by a range of actors in the background.

Both periods can be characterised by intense media attention and a continuous flow of "new" scoops, never allowing one particular issue to settle, thus leaving the fan base totally confused, divided and rudderless.

Both periods are about those who lead our Club - or who would want to - also being divided, and being preoccupied. Too many balls in the air. Too many plates to spin.

I really believe that reconstruction and our present confusion are interlinked. There are many small fish involved in the reconstruction issue, but equally there are some big movers and shakers too. It's not for nothing that Harper & McLeod have drawn up the new articles. And they won't be doing it for nothing either. There have been large wedges of wonga used to try and shaft us. More so than ever before in Scottish football - nay - World football.

At the end of the day, a corporate takeover - or corporate mischief making at Rangers is small fry. In the corporate world, we are very small fish indeed.

To be big, we need to be strong as a fan base and take no shit. We're either in or out. It's either our way or not at all. There is no Rangers without us. It can die, and we can bring it back to life. It is ours. It is only our history and our spending power that sustains it.

Jerry Lee Lewis once said "In this world, you are either hot or cold. If you are lukewarm, the Lord will spew you out of his mouth."

Call me a conspiracy theorist if you want.

However, for me there's too much similarity in how so many different actors are playing the same role this time around again. They've come out of the woodwork to the same script, reading similar lines.

Just too much like Groundhog Day.

I was thinking the same thing bluebear. All this feels uncomfortably familiar. But I'm quite positive the one thing we as supporters have learned over the past year or so is to adapt a no bullshit stance when it comes to people trying to get into Rangers. You have to be very very careful and even more critical.

i've said often the more things change the more they stay the same.

though i don't think things are anything like as bad as before. or i bloody hope not.

Also here.

I hope TF we're in a better place.

However, I have serious concerns.

And I worry.

It's not clear what you're trying to say bluebear. Well, not to me anyway. Can we get an executive summary?

OK Zappa

Exec Summary.

Bad guys

SPL, SFA, all pro SFL clubs, most of the media.

Good guys

Rangers and Rangers fans, one or two in the media.

Background

Bad guys intent on slowly humiliating and destroying us

Proposal

Rangers fans unite under a common flag and facilitate Rangers regaining its proper place in world football including a high profile exposé of how we - the fans and soul of the Club - have been shafted. And that is not a royal shafting. These beggars don't do anything royally unless it suits their purpose.

Edited by bluebear54

To be big, we need to be strong as a fan base and take no shit. We're either in or out. It's either our way or not at all. There is no Rangers without us. It can die, and we can bring it back to life. It is ours. It is only our history and our spending power that sustains it.

Don't agree with that.

A) Rangers aren't the property of the fans...never have been.

B) Rangers are 'The World's Most Successful Club'

Don't agree with that.

A) Rangers aren't the property of the fans...never have been.

B) Rangers are 'The World's Most Successful Club'

Not on paper, but very much in reality. It just never shows because we as a fan base can't seem to take a common stand when it is necessary.