New audio clip of Green leaked

Source: Scotsman - Rangers: Green and Whyte audio clip emerges

Published on 14/05/2013 13:20

AN audio clip apparently recorded in secret has revealed further discussions that took place between Craig Whyte and Charles Green.

Green, who quit as Rangers chief executive last month after allegations surrounding his business dealings with Whyte, is heard apparently briefing the former Rangers owner on a deal for the club.

In the short clip, Green says: â??Youâ??ve had to make a decision, and their storyâ??s so compelling, Iâ??ve convinced you. Now, I mightâ??ve conned you stupid, but you had to make a decision didnâ??t you.â?

He also says: â??On the basis of what you heard from Blue Knights, Miller, and with respect to you Brian, this is a seriously different deal. So youâ??ve backed it.â?

The date, origin and source of the clip are unknown. The identity of the Brian referred to is also unclear.

Green resigned from Rangers after an inquiry was launched by the club over alleged links to Whyte, who has launched a legal battle against Green over who owns Rangers.

Whyte claims Green was appointed as the face of a consortium put together by Whyte to buy Rangers post-liquidation, an allegation Green denies.

I'd hazard a guess that the Brian in question is Mr Kennedy. He did afterall hold talks with TBK's, Miller and Whyte. If it was I think all this tape suggests is that Green was trying to get him on board, possibly through Whyte. It could also explain why Kennedy claimed to know who the real owners were.

kennedy admitted to speaking to what he called zeus and a gentleman who was greens boss after the takeover.

There's nothing to say he wasn't backing Green earlier though. He would have wanted to keep it quiet because of his involvement with TBK's bid, but maybe he was expecting to be introduced as an investor further down the line only to be cut loose along with Whyte when Green's mob did the switcheroo to Sevco Scotland.

he was trying to buy green out after the takeover. he had no involvement with green prior to it.

If you know this for certain then that's fine. I was only suggesting it as a possiblity and I should add that it's not something I'd have a problem with if it was true.

There's also Bryan Smart and Brian Stockbridge...and Laudrup :devil:. Were any of those three confirmed to have had dealings with TBK's, Miller and Whyte?

Hmmm. Released just as there's talk of Green being cleared by this investigation. Further muddying of the waters...

Wonder who's leaked this time?

Beat me too it Stewarty. Rest assured it wan't incisive investigative journalism.