I can see the cycle of complaint from some people:

* Young players don't get a chance to develop

Then we play 19 youngsters, at an average of 5 starts and 2 subs a game.

* We're shite, play dire football and should be scoring more goals and thrashing teams.

Then we sign three proven strikers.

* Young players don't get a chance to develop...

That's on the assumption that we can't have high expectations with youngsters in the team.

I'd just add

* it's the worst central defence I've seen in a blue jersey ...........

I hope you can add a reply to that one by the time the season starts.

All I can say is that I bloody hope it's the worst central defence we've seen for Rangers. I shouldn't have to tell anyone on here that we've recently lost 90% of our squad, had to newco, and then rebuild on the tightest budget (relatively) we've ever had, to play in the lowly third division, while playing more kids than we ever have (and that's after losing the best of the generation) - and some people expect us to have a team as good or better as when we didn't have such money problems, were one of the best in the top league, usually in the best two and more often the champions than any club in the world? Incredible.

But in any case with four months to go before we can register players, I think it takes complaining to the extreme to negatively judge next season's squad right now.

I'm pretty sure we'll sign a couple of defenders at least.

That's on the assumption that we can't have high expectations with youngsters in the team.

You can expect them to win the world player of the year but it's not going to help any and going on about it will just get tedious for a lot of people.

Maybe our expectations should be at least realistic. You can't expect a team of 20 year old league winners every few seasons. Everyone else is developing kids but what is the formula to do it much better than them? We already have an advantage which is showing in our youth teams but that doesn't mean they'll all turn out to be miles better than a well organised, experienced team of the best 2nd division players.

I really don't think fans of any other club have the incredibly high expectations of their youth players than some do on here.

You can expect them to win the world player of the year but it's not going to help any and going on about it will just get tedious for a lot of people.

Maybe our expectations should be at least realistic. You can't expect a team of 20 year old league winners every few seasons. Everyone else is developing kids but what is the formula to do it much better than them? We already have an advantage which is showing in our youth teams but that doesn't mean they'll all turn out to be miles better than a well organised, experienced team of the best 2nd division players.

I really don't think fans of any other club have the incredibly high expectations of their youth players than some do on here.

Not many clubs our size are playing in part time divisions.

Being part time doesn't mean you can't keep yourself fit. It doesn't actually take that many hours a week to keep incredibly fit. But that's only one aspect of football.

Our youngsters already showed they were better than very experienced, part time professional players from the 4th tier of Scottish football. I'd say that's a pretty good achievement. But I didn't expect the former to run rings round the latter.

All I can say is that I bloody hope it's the worst central defence we've seen for Rangers. I shouldn't have to tell anyone on here that we've recently lost 90% of our squad, had to newco, and then rebuild on the tightest budget (relatively) we've ever had, to play in the lowly third division, while playing more kids than we ever have (and that's after losing the best of the generation) - and some people expect us to have a team as good or better as when we didn't have such money problems, were one of the best in the top league, usually in the best two and more often the champions than any club in the world? Incredible.

But in any case with four months to go before we can register players, I think it takes complaining to the extreme to negatively judge next season's squad right now.

I'm pretty sure we'll sign a couple of defenders at least.

Is Daly one of them??