The famous Auchinleck Talbot go in search of extending their incredible record in the Scottish Junior Cup.

Already way out in front on 9 triumhs they are in the final again today against Linlithgow Rose seeking number 10. Should have been number 11 but they got beat in the final last year....

Final Score 1-0

Linlithgow Rose will be very angry and disappointed after dominating a very poor Auchinleck Talbot side for 90 minutes.

A shocking refereeing display cost Linlithgow the cup when 3 perfectly good goals were mysteriously ruled out.

The winning goal was achieved with a blatant handball by the striker David Gormley who was in an offside position....

Hehheh Craig all the above is pish - Auchinleck done well and I must congratulate them on a fantastic victory. 'The Peasy' will take it off them next season though. :D

Hahaha, you almost had me (I even was retorting the article.... I was irate) until I saw the "3 perfectly good goals"... lol, nice one :D

Talbot were the stronger team, more effective and more efficient - Rose had more flair in their team (Roddy MacLennan looks a decent player) but they did little with it and Talbot stifled them by hunting in packs (ala Barca, obviously on a poor man's scale). Talbot had a number of very decent chances and on another day the scoreline could have been 3 or 4-1.

Deserved winners in my opinion, even though I AM biased I dont think many could argue with that.

Top of the tree again :D Had they not been complacent last year in the final against Shotts that would have been the 2nd time Talbot had done a three-peat - nobody has done it other than Talbot - but I guess winning the Scottish 3 times in 5 years shouldnt be sniffed at.

Talbot's Scottish record is incredible. They have won it

3 in the last 5 years

4 in the last 8 years

6 in the last 23 years and

9 in the last 28 years

An incredible achievement. I was a very happy man yesterday after yet another record breaking effort. SUPER TALBOT !!!!!!

My mates captain of the Talbot, picked up his fourth winners medal yesterday. Was meant to be on his stag do right now but couldn't get it off my work

Gavin Spence, right ? Stalwart for Talbot. Comfortably the most successful Junior team in Scotland and would, if given a chance, do very well in the lower professional leagues, IMHO.

Nice one blueflag.

I couldnt find the game on betfair or I was throwing 100 on Talbot. Oh well, I will console myself with them winning it :D

hills always has junior betting mate.

ladbrokes does now too but they went 6/4

easy money some weeks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2