Peralta Agrees Rangers Deal

54d2b8d82508951e326f978814425351_S.jpg

RANGERS can confirm that Arnold Peralta has agreed to join the club on a fourâ??year deal, subject to receiving a work permit.

The Honduran international midfielder will be registered on September 1 when the club's transfer embargo is lifted but will join Ally McCoist's squad for pre-season.

24-year-old Peralta is currently part of Luis Suarez's international side which, having kicked off its summer of football against Israel in New York on Sunday, faces matches with Costa Rica and the USA in the next fortnight.

The former Vida star will then be free to fly to Glasgow to join Jon Daly, Nicky Clark, Cammy Bell and Nicky Law as a new addition to McCoist's squad.

And even though he wonâ??t have had much of a break Arnold canâ??t wait to team up with McCoist and his players.

He said: â??I am delighted to be joining a club with the size and history of Rangers. I had several offers from Europe, MLS and at home in Honduras but when I was told I could sign for Rangers it was an easy decision.

â??I am really looking forward to pulling on that famous blue shirt and getting out on the Ibrox pitch, hopefully the club and fans will appreciate what I can bring to the team.â?

McCoist said: â??We are delighted Arnold has agreed to join us. We went over and watched him playing for Honduras against Panama and he performed well.

â??He will certainly give us a bit of bite in the middle of the park. He actually played at right-back when we saw him but his best role is sitting in midfield.

â??Arnold is very aggressive and he gets about the park well so I think he would blend in with the rest of the midfield and he will be a good signing.

â??Itâ??s great we are signing a Honduran international who is of a good pedigree and playing in World Cup qualifiers.â?

The midfield player has, of course, been in Glasgow before. One of his caps was won in a match against Morocco at Hampden in last summer's Olympic Games.

He featured in three matches at the Games and has been a regular in his country's national side since.

CLUBNEWS.jpg

Read more on the official site...

Guest BerwickBear

Great news looking forward to seeing him play, anybody spot the mistake on the official site?

24-year-old Peralta is currently part of Luis Suarez's international side

Seems I made the mistake, tried to edit my post but still trying to get the hang of this site.

Just click the button where it says 'edit post' mate.

then change your message you can put in a 'Reason for Editing' if you want - then click 'save'

:lol: Yes I did get a bit carried away there didn't I? :)

Without taking the situation of any players leaving and assuming Boca + Goian report back, as it stands if we were to go into the season with what we have now then we'd surely have more than enough to win the league at a canter and id expect a better cup run. Numbers are much up from last season and the youngsters who proved they can fit in are 1 year older.

If Shiels, Black and Hutton get their game together then its a decent basis of a squad for 2 seasons.