Ally Delighted With Progress

f800347b33fee58698ed874b49fd9641_S.jpg

ALLY MCCOIST believes Rangers earned their fifth pre-season win on the bounce after his sideâ??s strong second-half display against FC Emmen today.

The manager was understandably thrilled to see new signing Jon Daly net his first goal for the Light Blues and with the quality of strike he produced in the 49th minute.

As Rangers prepare to return to Glasgow this evening McCoist expressed his delight at the way his team have performed this summer and the fitness levels they have achieved during their seven days at the Klosterpforte Hotel in Marienfeld, Germany.

He said: â??I am delighted again today, I thought the first half was pretty even, they certainly have one or two very good players.

â??They are a typical Dutch side with plenty of flair, pace and invention.

â??But we played well in the first half as well. We had one or two chances to score and what I thought was particularly pleasing was our second half performance as we were pretty solid and were certainly the better team.

â??We deserved the victory and it was a great goal from Jon. I thought Andy Little did fantastically well down the left wing. He whipped in a great ball and Jon took a lovely touch away from the defender to open it up for him.

â??As I keep saying to the strikers hit it into the ground and across the goalie, he did that today and it was a great goal.

â??Weâ??ve rode our luck a little bit, against Gutersloh we could have lost a goal and certainly today they had one or two chances.

â??But I think over the games we have been quite comfortable at the back and as long as the concentration remains high and we donâ??t start thinking it is easy then weâ??ll be alright."

Read more on the official site...