Clydebank v Rangers tonight

This seems to have slipped under the radar. I believe it is our under 20 side who are playing Clydebank tonight in a testimonial for Mark Hailstones, the best named Scottish player ever.

The match is at Holm Park, Yoker, I'm guessing the kick-off is 6.30 or 6.45.

Holm Park is a great traditional Junior ground (that's a euphemistic way of saying it's old and very run down) and the thought of watching Rangers play there is quite exciting (for me that is, I guess if you live in Inverness or Bermuda you couldn't care less).

As I said it's not getting much publicity however it is mentioned on the Clydebank website - http://www.clydebankfc.co.uk/web/

I might pop along if I can get away from work in time. Anyone else going?

6-2 final score. Ryan Hardie scored five of Rangers goals, he's a tall number 9 and the best player on the pitch. Looked too slight for the seniors though, in my uneducated opinion. Other boy who caught the eye was a midfielder called Junior Ogen. It wasn't Clydebank's first choice team, a mix of past players and current players but they were all men, the Rangers side looked like boys compared to them.

Sad to see one of the Rangers players stretchered off, it wasn't a dirty game although it was competitive if you know what I mean. It wasn't even a foul the boy was injured in, just a strong 'Junior fitba' tackle.

I'd guess the crowd was about 1,000, not bad for a driech evening.