Lets have an EGM right NOW and would you pay for it?

I only got to page 3 of the Irvine thread but I can't read much more. Our club is an effing shambles and we are being fleeced from top to bottom.

I don't think we can afford to wait for an EGM as by that time the marble will be sold from the stairs.

How much do the RFFF have left? Can they not fund an EGM?

8000 bears paying a tenner would fund it IF money is the only reason we aren't going ahead. I'd be No1 to throw in a tenner if if get these robbers away from my club.

Edited by JTP

There's going to be some movement on this between today and tomorrow JTP.

I don't think Jim McColl & his backers who signed the Requisition Notice are going to have taken kindly to being threatened by the PR rat hired by the people on our Club's board.

I don't expect any more delays or excuses to be accepted and certainly no compromises.

If Green & co's cohorts in our boardroom don't agree to McColl & co's demands by tomorrow evening, then I'd imagine an EGM is a certainty.

Only shareholders can requisition an EGM and that's what's happened; we'll know tomorrow whether it's going ahead as one off or part of the AGM.

The point about the RFF is interesting however because the last information on their web site is As of 12 November 2012 the Fund stands at: £530,663.59

Time for an update methinks.

Also according to their web site the Committee is still:

Walter Smith

Ally McCoist

Sandy Jardine

Jim Hannah

Andy McCormick

Robert Roddie

William Montgomery

Mark Dingwall

Dick Spence

Andrew Kerr

David McCutcheon

John McKee

Jim Riddell

I have never been comfortable with the fact that there are Rangers employees on the Committee; though I appreciate that a certain amount of Club input would be required as to financial priorities, I don't think that justifies being on the Committee. At the same time Chair, Andrew McCormack, is Ally McCoist (and Ian Durrant)'s agent; so that doesn't seem entirely independent either.

For the avoidance of doubt I am not suggesting any wrongdoing here; but an update on expenditure and some clarification about the committee might be in order.

How much do the RFFF have left? Can they not fund an EGM?

I'm not sure if it would technically be allowed, but anyway, I think there's reported to be about half a million left in the RFFF. Problem is that there's no way everyone who donated to it would agree to £75k being used for an EGM.

Edit: BH beat me to it. To slow again! :)

If Green & co's cohorts in our boardroom don't agree to McColl & co's demands by tomorrow evening, then I'd imagine an EGM is a certainty.

Given the war of words that's broken out, which just isn't McColl's style at all; I'd say Ian Black could put one of his famous fivers on it.

The point about the RFF is interesting however because the last information on their web site is As of 12 November 2012 the Fund stands at: £530,663.59

Time for an update methinks.

Don't know the exact figure, but I think that's still how much they have in the account BH. :tu:

I'm not sure if it would technically be allowed, but anyway, I think there's reported to be about half a million left in the RFFF. Problem is that there's no way everyone who donated to it would agree to £75k being used for an EGM.

Edit: BH beat me to it. To slow again! :)

Keep up with us old guys, can't you :celebrate:

I'm just drained now in all honesty. However if I was McColl after the weekend antics I'd suddenly have an urge to react ....................

Lets hope you are right Zappa and we get constructive movement now.

Although i wouldnt be in the least bit surprised if Greenco hired irvine SOLELY to piss McColl off and hence get a reaction to see this to a swift conclusion. The leeches will then get their cash quicker.

Have they ever issued accounts?

Not that I know of.

Apparently the fund hasn't been touched since Green & co took over apart from a £150k bond paid to allow the title commission defence to be put in place, but that bond is supposedly due to be returned when the judge decides to release it.

Edit, I have to stress again though, that using the RFFF would be a big no-no, both from a technical standpoint (I think) and possibly more importantly, from the standpoint of many of those who donated to it. As things stand, it's still regarded as a fund for total emergencies or for defending against insane title-stripping cases etc.

Edited by Zappa