Zap

Firstly I hope you dont think Im being critical of you - your decision to review CF was probably the right one - I tend to be a stubborn old goat with regard to certain things. Im just very wary after the RTC blog - a lot of the stuff in there was genuine material but the selective nature of that which was revealed and the manipulation and misinterpretation of it led many people to believe it to be fact. But perhaps more than anything Im put off due to the motivation of those releasing such material.

I think there has been a lot of things which have been negative about this campaign but also a lot of positives which I will speak about in my response to bluebear.

While many people have sat in camps and supported particular individuals - the only thing I have wanted to see win was the truth. This may sound ridiculous to you and many others, but I dont necessarily see Dave King as a good thing for our club. This is nothing against King personally, but more about the leadership model for our club - once again we are looking to the "sugar daddy" model, to come in with money to address our inability to balance the books. We are putting our trust in individuals to run our club properly when instead I feel as a support we should be making sure systems and processes are introduced to ensure our support can undertake the necessary checks. (Im talking about fan empowerment and representation here rather than fan ownership) Furthermore I have no problem with militant action to ensure that happens.

At some point in the future even Dave King would move on - either due to age/business commitments etc and the merry go round would start once again.

But going back to getting the truth - I dont think any of the factions can claim innocence with regard to spin. Some websites/individuals have been willing to promote guys like Leggo ( who only a few months ago they were discrediting) just because he happens now to be agreeing with what they are saying or arguing for. Perhaps however the most ridiculous example was Irvine citing Muirhead and McConnville to support arguments. As I said earlier for me its all about motivation - neither of these two disingenuous individuals would ever write anything unless there was some angle for damaging our club or support.

I have spoken regularly to one of the most vocal proponents for changing the board - who agreed it was very difficult for the fans to make informed choices as a lot of information was not out there so to speak. I got the impression he was disappointed that some of those involved on the requestioners side had not gone public with some of it. It will probably come as no surprise to you that I have been sent material which someone obviously hoped I would use in my blogs - needless to say I declined.

Its been messy, at times very unedifying and I still think through all of this the fans have been sold short. That really pisses me off.

Merlin/Toxic have certainly succeeded this time again.

Divide and rule.

We're all bickering and taking sides in a petty dispute instead of keeping our eyes on the ball.

As a support I despair we'll never learn.

As I said in my reply to Zap bluebear its been most unedifying at times.

Its easy to despair and miss the positives. But they are there.

At times its been ugly, and even irresponsible but a new power has been unleashed. Via social media, forums and militant action our support has been awakened to a new found power. We have only seen that power manifest itself in fragmented form - can you imagine the power this will wield when there is unity ?

It may well be in its infancy but that new found power is not going to go away - and that power is in the hands, not of faceless or egotistical businessmen, but the people you would trust most with our club - the fans.