More likely to have been called off for similar reasons to McCoist cancelling the Forfar game.

Andrew Dickson ‏@rfc_dickson 30m

Shame the game is off without any explanation this far, Gordon Durie's side has been playing some really good stuff lately and scoring goals

Really ?

He is right that they have been scoring goals, 20 in 9 games, but have also lost 15. They have won 4 of those games, the wins coming against four of the bottom five in the league.

I haven't been to all the games, but the games I have been to they have been disappointing. In their defence they are a young team, mostly Under 19's and too many of them are asked to play in what is not their strongest position

There must be a valid reason for cancelling this game. It'll be interesting to hear what it is. The fact that no one at Rangers seems to know anything about this suggests some sort of collusion between the SPFL & Celt*c. I think the earlier suggestion that the risk of crowd misbehaviour from them following the amsterdam riots last may be well-founded