Andy Webster to leave Wigan

This is a guy I thought we should have signed some time ago. He wanted to come to Ibrox but our offer was short and we wouldn't pay the extra bit needed to secure him. Then at the start of this season I thought he wouldn't be up to the standard of Svensson & Papac, but now I'm not so sure.

Looks like he could come back to a Scottish club on loan until the summer where he could then sign on a permanent deal.

Does anyone else think he's worth a punt? I know he's not the commanding centre half we badly need, but he's got SPL experience and on the basis of what we've seen, I think he's better than any of our current centre halves. Of course, whether PLG would want to sign him is another thing entirely, but I'd rather see us signing someone who really wants to play for the club and knows what's expected of him at Ibrox.

Webster isnt my first choice but id take him. Id still rather a Pressley type defender but he looks like he is going to Charlton or Celtic.

It really annoys me that we have not tried to sign Pressley, I think he would be ideal and help the like of Svensson Hutton etc beside him. I'll be fuming if he ends up at Parkhead. We'll end up going for some 22 year old Frenchman or something

Well if we could get him in January transfer window on a loan deal till the end of the season i'd agree it would be a no brainer. He was a Scotland squad regular and Hearts first teamer until his contract impasse led to him being frozen out game and would give our defence someone with much needed SPL experience.

Malky