Exclusive: Rangers to benefit from new Glasgow City Airport

Looks viable to me but surprised there is only one runway, no car park and no mention of the direct rail link to Edinburgh Waverley for Easter Road and the new Tannadice St Station in Dundee.

There's two runways in the plan BH. From what I can tell, it looks like a large one and a small one that are outlined in white, presumably for large and small aircraft.

Scorchio said this was a cut down version of his article which originally included as yet secret plans for a direct monorail bullet train to and from Ibrox. Apparently Nakamura has hooked GCC up with family of his who work in the Japanese bullet train industry and there's plans afoot.

There's two runways in the plan BH. From what I can tell, it looks like a large one and a small one that are outlined in white, presumably for large and small aircraft.

Scorchio said this was a cut down version of his article which originally included as yet secret plans for a direct monorail bullet train to and from Ibrox. Apparently Nakamura has hooked GCC up with family of his who work in the Japanese bullet train industry and there's plans afoot.

Wasn't clear if the thin line was a taxi-way or a runway but I'll bow to your inside knowledge and at the same time suggest you stay away from any kind of bullets or you might get a knock on your door..................

Presumably that will not be an extension to the clockwork orange :facepalm:

Joking aside with reference to the Commonwealth Games. Can anyone tell if any major games has had their opening ceremony in a stadium that is not the main stadia for athletics? ie. The focal point for the games.

A secondary venue being given the Opening Ceremony of the Commonwealth Games when another venue (in this case the national stadium, Hampden Park) is the main venue for the games, is basically unprecedented in the history of the Games since they began in 1930. As far as I know, both the Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the Games have always been held in the same venue, the main venue. That's until Glasgow City Council got their hands on hosting the Games and the format and history of the Games went out of the window in favour of regenerating the east end and gifting the opening ceremony to a secondary venue which a large number of the organising politicians happen to frequent in their week to week leisure time.

A secondary venue being given the Opening Ceremony of the Commonwealth Games when another venue (in this case the national stadium, Hampden Park) is the main venue for the games, is basically unprecedented in the history of the Games since they began in 1930. As far as I know, both the Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the Games have always been held in the same venue, the main venue. That's until Glasgow City Council got their hands on hosting the Games and the format and history of the Games went out of the window in favour of regenerating the east end and gifting the opening ceremony to a secondary venue which a large number of the organising politicians happen to frequent in their week to week leisure time.

Thanks Zap. I thought this was out of sync with the norm. This is going to be one confusing games tbh