I'd say the main reason Whyte got rid off Bain was that Bain would have discovered what he was up to and would have turned whistleblower.

Possibly, but Martin Bain was one of the men along with Paul Murray and AJ who actively tried to persuade Murray not to sell to Whyte, so it was inevitable that Whyte would want to get rid of him anyway.

Possibly, but Martin Bain was one of the men along with Paul Murray and AJ who actively tried to persuade Murray not to sell to Whyte, so it was inevitable that Whyte would want to get rid of him anyway.

Murray was forced to sell to Whyte.FACT

Murray was forced to sell to Whyte.FACT

I've always believed that myself and have never said otherwise, but even if he was forced it doesn't change the fact that Bain, PM & AJ reportedly opposed the sale to Whyte and tried to stop it after they had Whyte investigated. As I said, Whyte getting rid of Bain was most likely inevitable anyway, even if only due to the fact that he had opposed the takeover.