Watching the MLS game right now. Kenny Millar with the Vancouver Whitecaps - looks a standout in being composed and spraying passes about. He still has good speed and stamina and is a step ahead of his team mates when it comes to making runs into scoring position. The other player of note is Carlos Bocanegra, the"auld heid' in defence for Chivas USA. Lots of experience and composure in holding the defence together.

I would rate this game at the level of the bottom six in the SPL.

I would take both players back in a heartbeat for Rangers, if we could afford them. They stand out as the class on the field for their respective teams.

Scary that after we have all been through, someone actually thinks this is a good idea. High wages for 2 players who would be past in, just to get through the first division?

If we win the first div next season, both players would turn 36/37 while in the SPFL and neither have much left in the tank. If we have any money to spend, which looks unlikely, it needs to be spent prudently.

We should be focusing on players under 26/27, and ideally I'd like to see us doing similar to Liverpool with a focus on players 23 and under then the odd more experienced player.

PS - I'd be surprised if the MLS is as poor as the bottom 6 of the SPFL, bearing in mind all the decent players there.