As you have just confirmed, Chelsea were a top 4 club when he took them over.

By a whisker before Ambramovich bought them I grant you that. But what about the seasons before that when they were playing such great football with Zola, etc, as you intimated in your first post? That suggestion was what really riled me because it was such utter nonsense. They were nowhere near top 4 and they were spending more than anyone except Man United. If you're in a glass house don't throw stones.

They were closer to third place than fifth. They were still a top 4 club and I'm not aware of any rule which states they needed to be in that position for multiple seasons to be viewed as such. They were also playing quality football.

Also finished 3rd in 99 and were close to winning the league.

They were closer to third place than fifth. They were still a top 4 club and I'm not aware of any rule which states they needed to be in that position for multiple seasons to be viewed as such. They were also playing quality football.

Also finished 3rd in 99 and were close to winning the league.

And Man United won the treble that year while I and 50,000 other City fans watched City scrape past Gillingham in a Division 2 play-off at the old Wembley to get promotion and claw their way back from the abyss. I bet I treasure that day more than any Chelsea result you can recall from that non-descript season. You can hate my second club all you want, that's your decision. I don't hate Chelsea but it will just make it all the sweeter when we finish above you.