Did PLG know he was getting the bullet and dropping BF was his swansong

Guest Thenorthlondonblue

Guest Thenorthlondonblue

Given that we have already a new management team nearly in place and a new loan signing, it would seem that yesterday's events were not spur of the moment.

How soon before Clement follows PLG to PSG, and the transfer fee will cover PLG's payoff :sigh:

Guest Thenorthlondonblue
Have to admit, i've been wondering just who WAS lining up signings such as Webster, plus like you say, this whole issue of who will take over 'appears' to be cut and dried, almost like it was pre-planned!

Apparently Mrs PLG realised after a few weeks that she did not like Scotland. PLG spoke with Murray and they agreed to give it one season to see how he felt then.

However, during this time club had become embroiled in continued dressing room angst and performances on the pitch were dire.

Murray and PLG spoke before xmas and it was quite clear all not well in the garden of eden. Murray has word with Walter about looking after team until end of season.

PLG realises he is about to get bullet and blows up Barry Fergsuson smokescreen to cover up his poor pefromance at Rangers, so his CV will not be damaged by poor time at Ibrox.

Bain had already sorted Webster deal before PLG went, and Walter and co arrive on Monday.

I am more and more coming round to this as the reasoning for the recent chain of events.

If it is, then BF has been made to be a scapegoat by PLG and PLG in that event diminishes what credibility I had for him - and it is also a very unprofessional, not to mention unethical, way of attempting damage limitation.

My caveat is, as it always was, that we still do not know the truth and rumour abounds - we likely will never know the full truth of what happened, sadly.

Not sure, given what's been officially released, there's loads of different possibilities and conspiracy theories. I'm assuming Webster was one of the Scottish players identified by our scouting network, but one who PLG chose not to go for at first. Its not too far fetched to suggest that once he wasn't playing for Wigan that PLG thought he'd be worth getting on loan in January.

I'm wondering how long before the media ask who is making the decision to sign these players with the agenda that if its Smith, that we could be done for tapping him. There is the other point of view, that our defence is blatantly shite and that DM has decided the guy would be worth a look at based on the views of the other coaching staff and scouts.

I am more and more coming round to this as the reasoning for the recent chain of events.

If it is, then BF has been made to be a scapegoat by PLG and PLG in that event diminishes what credibility I had for him - and it is also a very unprofessional, not to mention unethical, way of attempting damage limitation.

My caveat is, as it always was, that we still do not know the truth and rumour abounds - we likely will never know the full truth of what happened, sadly.

That's been my view from the start, but like you say, we will never really know the truth

... and if PLG was to walk into a new job next week, it would just make my doubts grow as to who was to blame!

The latest story which seems to have been released to the usual pro-DM places is that....

DM and PLG have talked a few times about the future and it was decided to review things at the end of the season. However, with the transfer window looming, the subject of new signings came up and DM was asking PLG who he had in mind. PLG then said that he didn't intend to sign anyone, despite funds being available and it was at this point that alarm bells started to ring. It looks like it was then just a matter of when they'd part company rather than if and the BF thing was a final "fuck you" from PLG.

I still don't think we know the half of what's gone on and its really disappointing that our Chairman hasn't come out and made a statement on what's happened. If PLG's side of the story is now being leaked in dribs and drabs, then surely DM will come out and tell us his side?

The only other reason I can think that DM hasn't come out yet and spoken to the media is that he's working all hours behind the scenes to get the new team in place, new signings, the Ferguson situation etc. He's having to pull stuff together which would normally have taken months, in the space of a week.

said the very same thing in a post on thursday. listened to the phone ins on wedenesday and a caller predicted that not only leguen would be out the door by the end of thursday night he also claimed that mccoist and smith would be replacing him. Took it with a pinch of salt at the time but he was spot on. read in the sunday tabloids about a month ago that leguen was angling for a way out and i was very suprised to read in a rag yesterday that a reporter followed plg home after his meeting With SDM and rang his door bell and when PLG answered his cases were already lying at the door. What made me very suspiscious was the speed that McCoist was at charlotte square after leguen announced he was leaving. he was there in minutes! as for our delvings in the transfer market these things usually happen over a couple of weeks but webster was signed the next day. I doubt if Leguen had ever heard of webster never mind seen him play! gow too has suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Someoneelse was pulling the strings there methinks. i believe that leguens ticket was up when SDM had to go to the dressing room and speak to the players which meant going over Leguens head and for a man with such high principles im suprised he never walked then. as for fergiegate, it was nothing more than a parting shot from the outwardbound , a get out of jail free card for the arrogant git.