ffe35170d1cf21416c7ab8574cb75dd9_XL.jpg

GRAHAM WALLACE says Rangers fans can be a massive asset for the club in its quest for promotion to Scottish football’s top tier and urged them to unite to drive the team forward.

The Ibrox chief executive has been hugely impressed by the passion and loyalty shown by more than 1,000 Light Blues supporters at this weekend’s NARSA convention.

He’s eager to embrace that commitment and work with them to take Gers through the forthcoming Championship campaign up into the Premiership.

The public sale of season tickets begins tomorrow and Wallace knows it is an important moment as the final push to get back to the elite division is underway.

Now, with little more than a fortnight until pre-season begins, he wants people to focus on what’s best for the club and be a force for good at Ibrox.

Season tickets can be purchased in person at the Rangers Ticket Centre, online at rangers.co.uk or by phone on 0871 702 1972. Calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras.

Wallace, pictured with some of his fellow top table guests including NARSA executives at last night’s Grand Banquet, said: “The fans have been tremendous.

“The manager has been on record numerous times in terms of praising the support they’ve given in recent years.

“Let me add my view on that as well. They have been terrific and we’re on the cusp now ahead of a season in the second tier.

“We’re at a point where we are very close to getting ourselves back into the top division and we’re looking for the fans to continue supporting their club in the way they have.

“They’ve done that magnificently and if we can come together and work together, the club and the fans, there’s no reason why we can’t drive Rangers to great things.

“For the club to thrive, it needs the support of its fans in order to have the financial base required to build and grow the club.

“There are many non-Rangers fans who support other clubs and who are genuinely concerned about the progress we are making and the momentum we are building.

“They know where we’re headed and they would just love for us to falter. We’re not going to allow that to happen.

“We have a tremendous opportunity now to come together as a club and a fanbase and unite to take us back to the top. Let’s not waste it.

“This is our time to put the in-fighting and the turmoil to one side, to unite across the club and back the club, back the team and show Rangers Football Club is well and truly back.

“Our future is really in our own hands and I ask fans to continue their magnificent support and drive us back to the top division in style.”

Wallace was understandably the main recipient of questions from supporters at yesterday’s Q&A session which followed the NARSA annual general meeting.

Along with his address at last night’s Grand Banquet, he hopes his participation helped provide some assurance on certain aspects of life at Rangers which have concerned fans.

Wallace added: “It was a good session and a great opportunity to put a little more emphasis on some of the things we are doing.

“There were a number of pointed questions asked regarding the state of the business and we fully expected that.

“It was a chance to respond personally to some things and hopefully the attendees found it a useful exercise.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/7033-lets-work-together-as-one

You read this and other recent articles from the Club and it does not sound as if season ticket sales are going well at all.

Probably true and yet the situation could be remedied if Wallace was prepared (or perhaps allowed), to say something substantive on behalf of the board other than coming out with vague statements and launching meaningless schemes e.g Ready to Listen.

Probably true and yet the situation could be remedied if Wallace was prepared (or perhaps allowed), to say something substantive on behalf of the board other than coming out with vague statements and launching meaningless schemes e.g Ready to Listen.

Wallace is obviously in a very difficult position, but he's not making it easy for himself. I could be wrong, but I think most fans just want some honesty about the Club's current financial situation, to see an ambitious, but completely realistic plan in place and some tangible evidence of the plan actually being put into action. What they probably don't want are business and political speak soundbites, rosy pictures, promises which lack substance and stage-managed engagement.

Wallace is obviously in a very difficult position, but he's not making it easy for himself. I could be wrong, but I think most fans just want some honesty about the Club's current financial situation, to see an ambitious, but completely realistic plan in place and some tangible evidence of the plan actually being put into action. What they probably don't want are business and political speak soundbites, rosy pictures, promises which lack substance and stage-managed engagement.

People are urged to unite and yet Wallace won't trust us with the figure for the number of renewals.

People want facts and they get fed bull and corporate-speak.

People know there's a problem, but the club would rather not dwell on it or discuss it.

People have heard this man speak before and were largely unimpressed with the accuracy of what he had to say.

People know that he is on a large salary with a bonus, and the bonus culture at Ibrox has serious question marks against it.

People know that the football is rotten, but they seem to be in no hurry to improve things.

He is asking people to unite because a plea for loyalty is all he has left to offer. We are paying a fat salary for this?

I'd sooner see them pack their bags and go.

People are urged to unite and yet Wallace won't trust us with the figure for the number of renewals.

I don't think it's that he won't trust us, it's more likely to be a case of he's been told not to discuss the numbers.

He is asking people to unite because a plea for loyalty is all he has left to offer.

Not sure I agree with this either. With poor season ticket sales, protests and a significant number of dissenting voices, the Club has little option other than to call for unity and loyalty. Proper fan engagement is required though, not stage-managed PR stunts and out-sourced 'focus groups'.