Dave King disposes of 15million shares in MICROmega

Thought it worth expanding upon this on the main site as well as creating its own thread.

http://www.gersnet.co.uk/index.php/latest-news/251-dave-king-disposes-of-15million-shares-in-micromega

Amidst the usual club ownership speculation in the Scottish media, Gersnet notes that one point of possible relevancy that has been missed is that Dave King 'disposed' of over 15million shares in his MIRCOmega company last week (17th June).

While it's important to highlight the company release mentioned the disposal was the 'off-market disposal of shares for no consideration', the amount of shares traded accounts for around £8.5million - a not insignificant sum in relation to Rangers Football Club and its possible forthcoming share issue.

In the same week that MICROmega released 'excellent' provisional financial results for the year ending March 2014, it's certainly worthy of debate by all Rangers fans that Mr King has decided to make available a large portion of his shareholding to fellow directors. For what reason and why, feel free to follow the discussion on our forum.

Lots of speculation about the relevance of this from it being unimportant to of utmost interest. Certainly seems worthy of discussion in any case.

Whilst I was looking through MICROmega's most recent offerings, I did find the Nosa Global deal of earlier this year very interesting. Not only in noting King sold the company to MM to pay his SARS debts but the stuff about the 'specific requirement of this settlement was that Mr King’s family repatriate business assets that have been held overseas into South Africa'.

I do wonder how that affects any investment into Rangers and/or how he'd go about raising capital therein.

http://www.iol.co.za/business/companies/micromega-ticks-off-all-conditions-of-nosa-deal-1.1637807

Whilst I was looking through MICROmega's most recent offerings, I did find the Nosa Global deal of earlier this year very interesting. Not only in noting King sold the company to MM to pay his SARS debts but the stuff about the 'specific requirement of this settlement was that Mr King’s family repatriate business assets that have been held overseas into South Africa'.

I do wonder how that affects any investment into Rangers and/or how he'd go about raising capital therein.

http://www.iol.co.za/business/companies/micromega-ticks-off-all-conditions-of-nosa-deal-1.1637807

i would imagine it's all about stopping him hiding assets overseas. to repatriate it would have to have been south african at one point. so it doesn't affect rangers. but what it does to him raising capital is indeed unclear.

i would imagine it's all about stopping him hiding assets overseas. to repatriate it would have to have been south african at one point. so it doesn't affect rangers. but what it does to him raising capital is indeed unclear.

I don't fancy reading the ruling to find out how it affects the next year or two or if it's just historic deals/business.

Would/Could Micromega just look to invest in RFC in that case? Sure they don't have much interest in football clubs but they're now providing services for SA rugby clubs and MIH/MIM hardly had a huge sporting background in the late 80s...

I don't fancy reading the ruling to find out how it affects the next year or two or if it's just historic deals/business.

Would/Could Micromega just look to invest in RFC in that case? Sure they don't have much interest in football clubs but they're now providing services for SA rugby clubs and MIH/MIM hardly had a huge sporting background in the late 80s...

depends how much of it dave king owns i expect but in theory yes i expect so.

depends how much of it dave king owns i expect but in theory yes i expect so.

Well, a few links suggest 21% but not sure if that's been updated since the dealings....