His performance against Germany largely undermined his tournament.

He was excellent v Atletico in the CL final though.

Really classy player and a stand-out for me over the tournament in that Brazil team.

Brahim I'll keep this short, but for me, the only way to make World Cup qualification even remotely fair is that there needs to just be one big worldwide qualification pot and do away with the confederations qualification system altogether because it simply isn't a fair system at all.

There would be a lot of air miles then and a great many African and Asian countries simply couldn't afford to travel those distances.

But in principle I agree because I think that a great deal of the romance has gone out of all sorts of cups from the Scottish Cup to the European Cup (sorry CL) as a result of regionalisation of draws and seeding.

The thought of Argentina v Scotland etc in the qualifiers would be a whole new ball game for sure.

The air miles aren't the problem BH, it's the fact that the TV companies are ruling over the sport that's the problem. The TV companies want countries from every part of the globe involved in the final stages so that they can increase their subscriptions and revenue streams, it's that simple.

The air miles aren't the problem BH, it's the fact that the TV companies are ruling over the sport that's the problem. The TV companies want countries from every part of the globe involved in the final stages so that they can increase their subscriptions and revenue streams, it's that simple.

Never thought of that and I suppose FIFA would argue about the globalisation of the sport as well.

They're doing pretty well out of it anyway, in 2013.......

In terms of the event-related revenue of USD 1,220 million,

USD 630 million was attributable to the sale of television rights, of which the lion’s share, USD 601 million, was

for the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™. The second-biggest source of income was the sale

of marketing rights worth USD 413 million, of which USD 404 million was generated by

the 2014 FIFA World Cup™. The sale of hospitality rights generated USD 47 million and

licensing rights USD 26 million. Other event-related revenue was made up primarily of

revenue from ticket sales for the FIFA Confederations Cup Brazil 2013 and revenue from

the FIFA Club World Cup Morocco 2013.

So $1,000,000,000 from TV and marketing for the world cup.