Laws Of The Game: What Changes Would You Make?

I absolutely hate draws,ties.Soccer and Ice hockey are about the only two team sports(i think) where it happens.It can happen in the NFL but its extremely rare.

Maybe it's one of the reasons I love baseball so much they just play,and play until there's a winner. "GO JAYS GO":celebrate2:

...and cricket of course.

Play for five days and still end up with a draw. Rules invented by the guy running the bar I think.

I'd get rid of draws. If it's all square after 90mins, remove a player from each side every 2 minutes until one side scores to win the game.

There's nothing wrong with a drawn game. It's a failure to win, but a success in avoiding defeat. It gets a prize, but not a big one.

If we move to a system where a draw earns a side a higher chance of getting all three points when players are taken off or the teams go to penalties, negative football could be over-rewarded. Instead of a draw being the most a weaker, defensively-minded team can achieve for adding nothing to the contest, suddenly they get a go at taking all three points.

Let them get what they get now - a point if they hold out, all three if they fluke it and nothing if they are crushed.

We understand the drawn game and its just reward. Let's not start Americanising the sport, at least, not until we really have to.

What is this thing cricket you talk of,is it a sport?

Cricket is a brilliant sport, although it may well be more fun to play than to watch.

It is a team game, but each player has to take his turn, alone, in the line of fire. There is no hiding place. They say it is character building, and you know, it just might be.

There's nothing wrong with a drawn game. It's a failure to win, but a success in avoiding defeat. It gets a prize, but not a big one.

If we move to a system where a draw earns a side a higher chance of getting all three points when players are taken off or the teams go to penalties, negative football could be over-rewarded. Instead of a draw being the most a weaker, defensively-minded team can achieve for adding nothing to the contest, suddenly they get a go at taking all three points.

Let them get what they get now - a point if they hold out, all three if they fluke it and nothing if they are crushed.

We understand the drawn game and its just reward. Let's not start Americanising the sport, at least, not until we really have to.

I can understand your view, but plenty of teams "park the bus" already in both league and cup games. I don't think this would make that situation worse.

What I like about the idea of removing players until you get a result, is that it would become increasingly difficult to maintain a purely defensive formation as more space appears. At some point you'd really have to attack, otherwise the more skilful opposition would inevitably score.

Certainly would be better than the extra time bore-fests you often see in matches which are eventually settled by penalties.

It'll never happen though.

I can understand your view, but plenty of teams "park the bus" already in both league and cup games. I don't think this would make that situation worse.

What I like about the idea of removing players until you get a result, is that it would become increasingly difficult to maintain a purely defensive formation as more space appears. At some point you'd really have to attack, otherwise the more skilful opposition would inevitably score.

Certainly would be better than the extra time bore-fests you often see in matches which are eventually settled by penalties.

It'll never happen though.

One way to deal with that would be to revert to the "golden goal" scenario in ET; certainly would have been appreciated on Tuesday.

I don't like artificially removing players.