I've only seen the fee for McGrandles reported as "up to £1 million" which suggests it'll be a much smaller fee with additions for first team matches, promotions, international call ups or sell on fee etc.

Had things been different we could have had Allan McGregor, Rhys McCabe, Jamie Ness, Greg Wylde and John Fleck in our first team just now. As it is McCabe, Ness and Fleck get to grace the English lower leagues and count their money in their spare time.

I'd be astonished if Lewis MacLoed isn't worth well over £1 million, anyone with eyes can see he's got the ability and attitude to play at a higher level than he does now.

Anyone who knows a thing or two about football could see that Charlie Adam had talent, and yet when he was discarded, it was widely assumed that he'd have a low level career or none at all.

He probably has a lot more in the bank than Rangers these days.

I've only seen the fee for McGrandles reported as "up to £1 million" which suggests it'll be a much smaller fee with additions for first team matches, promotions, international call ups or sell on fee etc.

Had things been different we could have had Allan McGregor, Rhys McCabe, Jamie Ness, Greg Wylde and John Fleck in our first team just now. As it is McCabe, Ness and Fleck get to grace the English lower leagues and count their money in their spare time.

I'd be astonished if Lewis MacLoed isn't worth well over £1 million, anyone with eyes can see he's got the ability and attitude to play at a higher level than he does now.

I've seen it widely reported simply as £1m. Most deals are dependent on factors like installments.

Nobody is saying Macleod isn't worth over £1m. The question is whether our club could command such a free.

I've seen it widely reported simply as £1m. Most deals are dependent on factors like installments.

Nobody is saying Macleod isn't worth over £1m. The question is whether our club could command such a free.

Falkirk only stated that it was a club record fee, with the previous record being £380k. The £1m figure was their reported asking price.

The fact that Falkirk can potentially take in £2 million on three players we released is obviously a bit galling, but I honestly think it's just the unfortunate reality at a big club like ours.

Falkirk are only getting good money for an 18 year old like McGrandles because they were in a position to give him a lot of valuable first team experience (66 games in the Championship) at a very young age.

It's also worth noting the Gary Holt connection to this deal and asking ourselves whether it would have happened at all if Gary Holt hadn't managed the lad for over a year at Falkirk.

Off topic but I played in the same boys club team (Killie) way back when. I was a better player too. Good lad though, shame he played for them !