Hamilton Academical extended their lead at the top of the Scottish Premiership with an emphatic win over a lacklustre Aberdeen.

A double from Tony Andreu set a roaring Accies on their way as they put Aberdeen to the sword with ease.

And a late finish from Mikael Antoine-Curier rounded off a display that proved Alex Neil's outfit are well worth their place at the summit.

The win opens up a four-point gap between them and Dundee United.

Alex Neil's home side came into the match in buoyant mood, having recorded their first win at Celtic Park for 76 years in their last outing, and they looked up for it from the off, zipping the ball around with pace and confidence as they looked to stamp their authority on proceedings early on.

They very nearly found an opening, as Danny Redmond picked up an Antoine-Curier pass to send in a delivery looking for Dougie Imrie but, luckily for Derek McInnes' men, Mark Reynolds was alert and able to get it behind for a corner.

With the visitors struggling to find a rhythm, the Lanarkshire club continued to press, looking dangerous with every pursuit.

And, they got their reward when Andreu capitalised on slack defending to open the scoring.

Following a flowing team move and hesitant Aberdeen defending - with Ash Taylor failing to clear his lines - an Imrie assist gifted Andreu a simple finish.

Going behind shocked Aberdeen into action, as they began to stem the flow of attacks and make strides of their own.

And, they could have easily levelled terms through Adam Rooney, the ball cannoning down field allowing the striker to get himself clean through, but he scuffed his shot, making it easy for stopper Michael McGovern to mop up.

Next up, David Goodwillie had his moment to shine, after Barry Robson set him up in with a pinpoint pass but the impressive McGovern again pulled off a solid save.

The tide was turning, however, it still looked like Aberdeen's weak defending could be their undoing every time they were asked questions.

They almost found themselves further adrift when Andrew Considine missed a ball through to give Imrie a sight at goal, but his blushes were spared by the quick thinking of Jamie Langfield, who rushed from his line to dispel the danger.

Soon after, the New Douglas Park faithful were calling for a spot-kick, after Antoine-Curier juggled the ball just inside the box and claimed for a handball against Robson, only for referee Kevin Clancy to wave away protests.

As half-time neared, the trailing 11 had an opportunity to restore parity when Goodwillie managed to make room on the wing and float in for the busy Rooney but he was unable to connect and, in the end, McGovern had enough time to gather.

The second half started in the same frenetic fashion of the first, with both teams pushing forward with intent.

And, despite Aberdeen seeming to have gained momentum after coming close with a Reynolds header that looped over, their good work was soon undone as they found themselves two down.

It was Andreu at it again, rounding off a sweeping charge by slotting in an assured cutback from Redmond.

That knocked the wind out of McInnes' players, and they continued to be under the cosh, young midfielder Redmond, linking well with Jesus Garcia-Tena, proving the orchestrator for much of the threat.

The Reds needed a spark, and that quickly came when substitute Niall McGinn entered the fray.

He was at the heart of a move that almost ended with the deficit being halved, as he headed a cross back across the box begging for a conversion, but the free Rooney could not get the vital touch.

Northern Irishman McGinn then came within a whisker of netting himself courtesy of a well-struck set-piece, but he could only watch on as it sailed wide.

For all that Aberdeen huffed and puffed, they could not find a way back, and the hosts rounded off a perfect evening when Antoine-Courier connected with Ali Crawford's delivery to calmly slot home, giving them their 10th win in all competitions this campaign and fifth clean sheet on the bounce.

Att: 4,093

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29563365

What sort of investment would they need to sustain this and actually win the title? It's only a matter of time before Celtic go on a run, as they always do, they will improve but can Accies keep this great run going? I would love it obviously but i am not so sure.

In fact, i would loan them Boyd for 6 months. He is wasted here, a guy like him could be the difference.

What sort of investment would they need to sustain this and actually win the title? It's only a matter of time before Celtic go on a run, as they always do, they will improve but can Accies keep this great run going? I would love it obviously but i am not so sure.

In fact, i would loan them Boyd for 6 months. He is wasted here, a guy like him could be the difference.

Controversial!

They should take as many players as possible, I'm sure they'd improve massively.