Major update to the Gersnet Prediction League !!

are the new criteria a secret or do they just change to suit zappa's league standing.

i demand to know.

I was going to update the GPL rules thread with the additional info and then point everyone to that, but I haven't gotten round to it yet. :)

It's pretty self explanatory because it's based on what's the most difficult things to predict in order as follows:

1. CS/Correct Score
  2. FGS/First Goal Scorer
  3. RG/Rangers Goals (number of)
  4. CR/Correct Result (W, L or D)

At the top and taking priority in the event of players on equal points totals, CS is the most difficult thing to predict, so that's the equivalent of GD/Goal Difference on a football league table.

If players have equal points and have also predicted the same number of Correct Scores, then FGS comes next and so on......

The old system used average points priority in the event of players on equal points, but it wasn't logical or fair and even less fair was falling back on alphabetical name order if players were on equal points and also had the same average due to having played the same number of games.

The main reason for sorting this out now was just in case the top of the table ended in a dead heat points wise at the end of the season, then there would need to be a logical and fair way to decide the winner.

Is everyone happy with that? :)

Looks like you are going on FGS, which is fine by me as it's probably the most difficult thing to forecast (although some would say a bit of a lottery) or are you going by CS then FGS?

It's all explained in my reply to gunslinger. :tu:

Had to be done mate, sorry. We couldn't have a situation arising at the end of the season where people are on the same number of points and their league places being decided by the old average score system where a player could be above another just because they missed a game or two which improved their average.

Why couldn't we, exactly?

Why couldn't we, exactly?

I'll try to explain it again. :)

For players who joined the league later than others the average score system could maybe have been viewed as fair because for those players it was an achievement to catch up with other players and be sitting on the same number of points.

However, with there being up to around 30 players in the league this season and a random selection of people missing the odd game (some more than others), it wouldn't be fair to get to the end of the season and have someone winning the league purely because they missed more games than someone else.

Edited by Zappa
typo