Welcome Paul Le Guen

Darryl King mentioned it on Snyde apparantly.

Also heard stuff from other more reliable sources. But no names unfortunately.

Well there was that whole Chick Young rumour from a few weeks ago reported on 90 minutes where he said he had wind of a sensational signing Rangers were working on. A name we all know, and which would knock the stuffing out of us.

Now, of course, he could have meant the gravity of the nature of it was the sensational thing, like say Petrov or Bellamy or something like that, or indeed a truly massive name like ... well ... the sky's the limit on that one.

I've not heard any more since.

IIRC, Dung later retracted his comments by saying Rangers were no longer interested in the 'sensational' name he mentioned.

For what it's worth I have heard nothing concrete but the rumours won't go away.

Similar situation to the rumours about PLG in fact. ;)

Encouraging news Frankie, and let's face it, PLG would appear to have a good bit of money left to spend, be it on a fee or maybe some extra towards wages.

The more I heard from PLG or about PLG, the more excited I get about the season ahead.

Even if we only have £5million to spend, that still leaves £4.8m to spend plus any money we bring in from players leaving.

Not that I'm fussy about big names anyway. I'd rather see any money spent on guys like Svensson, Clement and Elmander than over-rated, over-priced egomaniacs...

That's not to say a big name player wouldn't be welcome depending on who it actually is.

IIRC, Dung later retracted his comments by saying Rangers were no longer interested in the 'sensational' name he mentioned.

I never heard that. Oh well. What he probably really meant was 'I was completely and utterly wrong' then.

For what it's worth I have heard nothing concrete but the rumours won't go away.

Similar situation to the rumours about PLG in fact. ;)

A similar outcome would satisfy me, that's for sure.