Peter Beardsley believes 'Ibrox five' will come back stronger for their experiences

Peter Beardsley believes 'Ibrox five' will come back stronger for their experiences at Rangers

06:30, 19 February 2015

By Lee Ryder

Newcastle United's Haris Vuckic, Shane Ferguson, Gael Bigirimana, Kevin Mbabu and Remie Streete will benefit from Rangers stint

Peter Beardsley believes that the “Rangers five” can only benefit from their loan stints at Ibrox between now and the end of the season – even if it has weakened his own reserve team.

Haris Vuckic, Remie Streete, Kevin Mbabu, Gael Bigirimana and Shane Ferguson are all with Rangers until the end of the campaign.

They face a battle with Hibernian to win the last play-off spot in the Scottish Championship.

Beardsley told the Chronicle: “It’s brilliant for them.

“Anybody going on loan at that age is brilliant.

“With all due respect it doesn’t matter where.

“You have to go out and play games.

“The sooner they can do it the better.

“Obviously Haris has gone out and played a couple of games.

“And that’s what they need.

“Haris went out to Rotherham last year and ended up in the play-off final.

“You never know at Rangers they might end up playing in the play-off to get into the Premier League.

“It’s a brilliant experience for them.”

Peter Beardsley Peter Beardsley

Beardsley will also be keeping close tabs on striker Adam Campbell – who has scored four times for Gateshead – and winger Cal Roberts who is on loan with the Tynesiders until the end of the campaign.

Beardsley said: “We’ve also got Adam Campbell and Callum Roberts at Gateshead.

“We have no problem with that.

“For their development term we hope it helps them.”

Meanwhile, Beardsley had no complaints about United’s Northumberland Senior Cup exit this week as United went out 3-1 to Morpeth Town.

He said: “It’s a learning curve.

“We’ve always said that development is about development, not about winning games.

“Don’t get me wrong when you play a Senior Cup game you want to win it.

“But Morpeth were a better team and more streetwise than us.

“They have players who understand the game.

“To be fair the manager has come in and done well.”

I hope so Peter it will only be good for both teams.

Aye they'll come back stronger, most of them came to us injured so their experience in Murray Park will make them stronger! :D

Im hoping they can all do a turn for us, the two so far have shown glimpses of improvement over what we have already.

I'd say there's little point in these players returning to Newcastle to play reserve team football. Most are in their early twenties so should be looking for first team football somewhere

Streete has already said he would consider a permanent move to us.

Streete has already said he would consider a permanent move to us.

Need to see more of him obviously but thats good to hear, I did say I think he showed glimpses of what looked like a good defender on his debut before going off injured.

Need to see more of him obviously but thats good to hear, I did say I think he showed glimpses of what looked like a good defender on his debut before going off injured.

We need to start looking outside Scotland for players. The calibre of player we want/need simply isn't there