Need To Build Momentum

Need To Build Momentum

Written by Rangers Football Club

KRIS BOYD says that the Rangers squad need to get back to winning ways and build momentum for the rest of the season as soon as possible.

The Gers defeated Raith Rovers with a good performance at Stark's Park last weekend but could only take one point at the Falkirk Stadium on Fridat despite Darren McGregor opening the scoring for the Gers.

Boyd knows that the Light Blues will have to find form again for what will be a closely contested end to the season in the Championship. He said, "When you look back at Rangers teams of the past they've been good at building momentum.

"At times when you might have had set-backs and a couple of bad runs, you were able to get on a run after that, like we did at the start of this season. We need to get back to that as soon as possible."

He continued: "If we can finish the league strongly then we can still have a successful season and get ourselves up into the top division. We need to improve on performances like the one tonight and start to beat the teams who are round about us in the League.

"We need to start to grind out results and I thought that we were starting to do that. In the Hibs game we performed better despite the result and we did much better last week where we were able to stop Raith Rovers playing."

In the absence of captain Lee McCulloch and vice captain Lee Wallace due to injury, Boyd was handed the armband, but the performance and poor result was all that mattered to the striker.

He said: "It's extra responsibility and it's a great honour to captain Rangers but the most important thing for me is to win the game of football, get myself on the scoresheet and we've not done that tonight and that's a disappointment - on an evening that should have been a good one for me."

I wish they would all stop saying this and just effin do it.

I have a feeling Boyd wont be the one who does it for us, but I agree with the sentiment. Obviously the players cant say in public, but I think we all know that the management needs a change extremely fast, and in turn, sed management to kick these players in the ass to salvage this season.