Five questions Dave King must answer once he has ascended the Rangers throne

The appointment of Cathro as Rangers head coach really would confuse swathes of the Scottish media who've bummed him up for long enough.

How so? Sorry for being slow, but is there something wrong with him?

Too Early Loyal, I think.

Progress will be slow.....we need to re-learn how to walk, before we run.

DK needs to put together a solid infrastructure that will support a successful 1st team. It will take time to ensure the right people are in place. Providing there are signs of progress/improvement, folk will be happy.

DK needs to put together a solid infrastructure that will support a successful 1st team. It will take time to ensure the right people are in place. Providing there are signs of progress/improvement, folk will be happy.

If you'd said 'some' folk will be happy, I'd agree, but I can see great swathes of threads full of moaning and groaning about things not happening overnight coming over the hills...

How so? Sorry for being slow, but is there something wrong with him?

Too Early Loyal, I think.

Nothing wrong with him as it stands - like I say, he's well respected and there is puff piece after puff piece available about him.

Will that change when he joins Rangers? For some success may not come into it.

I think that's correct but we will need some obvious improvements to ensure the pace of progress is maximised.

Hearts and Hibs did it easily enough over the last year or so.

I think that's correct but we will need some obvious improvements to ensure the pace of progress is maximised.

Hearts and Hibs did it easily enough over the last year or so.

definitely....it's all well & good beavering away in the background, but the fans MUST see some kind of progress happening....

Nothing wrong with him as it stands - like I say, he's well respected and there is puff piece after puff piece available about him.

Will that change when he joins Rangers? For some success may not come into it.

Ah right, I see. Maybe in a minority of one but outside of extremists on one side and those who must sook in to earn a living on the other I can't see much wrong in the coverage we get form the small pool of people whose opinions are worth reading.

Ah right, I see. Maybe in a minority of one but outside of extremists on one side and those who must sook in to earn a living on the other I can't see much wrong in the coverage we get form the small pool of people whose opinions are worth reading.

There is a small pool of decent journalists. However, there's also a range of pond life who are not and who we must continue to scrutinise as this journey starts for real later this week.

Edited by Frankie