Douglas Park statement.

Look forward to reading it.

Nobody's happy with the performances or results. Nobody's happy with the quality with the players in the squad. But how in god's name can anyone expect these to be sorted over a weekend when the new board are still trying to ascertain the full horror of the state the club's been left in.

Maybe it's just me: in the run-up to the Green takeover, I honestly thought we were looking at starting over with an FC Rangers, groundsharing with Queens Park or some such. If King and T3B hadn't acted, I could only see us carrying on as a pale shadow of our old club, with no support, a flogged off training ground and a rented stadium. Now, I can actually see a future for us. Given our near death experience, a wee bit of patience doesn't seem unreasonable.

I'd add that if folk are getting jumpy now, how are they going to cope when they realise that an emphasis on youth doesn't mean winning everything with a team barely old enough to shave. It means patience, set-backs, defeats and disappointing seasons. Are we grown up enough to cope?

I'd say it's simply people having the instinct of being cautious and sceptical after the last few years, definitely not unreasonable.

Inevitably over last weekend, comparisons were being made with Elmer Fudd's takeover at ra Piggery. Of course, it was presented as Elmer riding astride a white unicorn into a lush emerald green valley. I remember differently, Elmer rode off into a Bahamian sunset with new wife and £39million in his back pocket.

The first game after McCann's takeover was Motherwell at Swine Pastures, 35,000 rolled up to witness a 0-1 pumping by the claret and amber. It's also noteworthy, McCann was four years into his tenure before ra Sellik secured the title.

Our road back to the top will be similarly long and weary.

Nobody's happy with the performances or results. Nobody's happy with the quality with the players in the squad. But how in god's name can anyone expect these to be sorted over a weekend when the new board are still trying to ascertain the full horror of the state the club's been left in.

Maybe it's just me: in the run-up to the Green takeover, I honestly thought we were looking at starting over with an FC Rangers, groundsharing with Queens Park or some such. If King and T3B hadn't acted, I could only see us carrying on as a pale shadow of our old club, with no support, a flogged off training ground and a rented stadium. Now, I can actually see a future for us. Given our near death experience, a wee bit of patience doesn't seem unreasonable.

I'd add that if folk are getting jumpy now, how are they going to cope when they realise that an emphasis on youth doesn't mean winning everything with a team barely old enough to shave. It means patience, set-backs, defeats and disappointing seasons. Are we grown up enough to cope?

which 'old club' are you referring to?

Edited by RANGERRAB

I would hope our team will be a mixture of youth and experience. A younger vibrant team I'm sure will do a lot better than what we are used to.

'Old' as in pre-crisis, former glories. Hope you're not insinuating that I'm an interloper from the grey-and-green side.

when you refer to the 'old club' you play directly into the hands of our enemies.

The club was part of the assets which were transferred from one legal entity to another(oldco to newco).

If it were a new club why was it a legal requirement to TUPE contracts from oldco to newco(and employees had the legal right to refuse the transfer). You should ask yahoos that question when they start their 'newclub'nonsense.

Edited by RANGERRAB

when you refer to the 'old club' you play directly into the hands of our enemies.

The club was part of the assets which were transferred from one legal entity to another(oldco to newco).

If it were a new club why was it a legal requirement to TUPE contracts from oldco to newco(and employees had the legal right to refuse the transfer). You should ask yahoos that question when they start their 'newclub'nonsense.

I guess if somebody wanted to deliberately misinterpret what was said, I could be said to have played into their hands. The old/new club distinction is a non-argument and simply not worth engaging with. Nobody's interested outside a small bunch of pathetically obsessed. That they clearly hate us much as ever which rather undermines their point.